engine mapping (1 Viewer)

M

mike241246

Deleted User
Hi,
has anyone got any advice on engine mapping, such as best companies to do the job, results ect, I would love to pick someones brains., before I make a decision to go for it or not.
I have a Fiat Ducato 2.0L jtd
Many thanks

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Mike, welcome and I'm sure there is a trade member on this forum who is an expert on this but for the life of me cannot remember his name:Doh:
Go through members list and check out the trade members and I'm sure you will find him:thumb:
sorry trying to be helpful !

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Found him - members name is Boosters :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi,
has anyone got any advice on engine mapping, such as best companies to do the job, results ect, I would love to pick someones brains., before I make a decision to go for it or not.
I have a Fiat Ducato 2.0L jtd
Many thanks

Hi,

Had my Ducato 2.8JTD done recently by TB Turbo of Lancaster. Massive improvement in performance and 3mpg better so far.

David

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Had my fiat done recently by TB Turbo of Lancaster. Massive improvement in performance. :thumb:

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Had our Fiat 2.8JTD done by Boosters before we took delivery. Well pleased with the result.

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi,

Had my Ducato 2.8JTD done recently by TB Turbo of Lancaster. Massive improvement in performance and 3mpg better so far.

David

And if I may be so bold, What was the cost. I have a pilote on a boxer base with 1.9 ltr engine, C**p exceleration need to keep going down the gearbox to maintain a reasonable speed. But dont want to spend an amount that cant be recouped.

Don

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
If I recall correctly it's about £500. Might get it cheaper, but may not be the real McCoy.

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I am down at Peterboroughend Motorhome show end of April, will check around and see if any one is there.
Thanks again Jaydee.

Don

Upvote 0

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
And if I may be so bold, What was the cost. I have a pilote on a boxer base with 1.9 ltr engine, C**p exceleration need to keep going down the gearbox to maintain a reasonable speed. But dont want to spend an amount that cant be recouped.

Don

Don

It was £450 when I had it done, but I believe it is now slightly dearer. I at times tow 1500 kgs, and never drop out of 5th gear even going up Shap on M6. The fuel saving is a bonus.

David

Upvote 0

boosters

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
cambridgeshire
Funster No
engine remapping

Hi Gone with the wind
unfortunately the peugeot 1.9 td is a mechanical system and therefore has no electronics,so cannot be remapped,the only option you have is to find a good diesel engineer and they can recalibrate your pump to give you a increase in power.
Regards
Alex

Upvote 0

boosters

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
cambridgeshire
Funster No
boosters remapping

Had our Fiat 2.8JTD done by Boosters before we took delivery. Well pleased with the result

Hi JayDee
Many thanks for compliment and glad you are pleased with the result.
Regards
Alex
P.S I will be at peterborough please feel free to come and have a chat

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back