GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
I am sure this has been done to death but we are new so forgive us....

We have bought our Sea Sharky 2010. It is great - perfect layout for us - immaculate condition inside and out, low mileage (13K) and what we thought was a good price (£23k). Fiat base.

We don't know whether to have the engine re-mapped or not. It is the 2.2l 100bhp engine which was the compromise when we bought. We have no intention of flying around and will be keeping to 60mph ish anyway.

We had read that engine remapping would increase the BHp to about 130 and can improve fuel efficiency but the downside is wear and tear on the clutch.

Opinions on the clutch issue would be welcome

Jen

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
100 is enough for 60 mph.

We had 80 on a 2l,and remapped to an alleged 100 now it's fine.

Everyone says "horsepower" but in fact it's Torque you need for an easy drive. The two are linked of course.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
I am thinking about it (bluespark tuning box) because I am going to tow a car, but as above it is torque you want, from reading different forums there is more for it than against and some do mention clutches but not many.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm firmly in the 'If it works, why break it ' camp

you don't need more horses, and better fuel consumption can be achieved by driving style.. with no risk to the clutch

just my opinion

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
If an engine is remapped correctly by a reputable company, there should be no adverse affect on the clutch at all. Torque and MPG and driveability have been improved on mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Two best things I've done on my camper was to fit(myself)air assist suspension and have the vehicle remap.Suspension made the vehicle more stable and the remap gave me more torque up around the 60 to 65 mark.When I took it for a remap I explained that I didn't want to go much faster but needed more power in the midrange when towing my trailer with racing car.I got it and there was no increase in fuel consumption.I would always go for a remap tailored to your particular needs!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back