Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Hi all.
I am new to the Fiat Ducato (130 Multijet 2011) and have a small problem with the engine. In first gear only, the engine revs up to 2300 when pulling away and then there is a distinct flat spot in the power for about 3 seconds and then the engine revs away as it should. Only first gear is effected, the power and revs are smooth and continueous in the other 5 gears - I have not tried reverse.
Is this a feature designed to stop the engine over revving when pulling away? I have had a couple of panics where I needed to get away (relatively) fast at roundabouts and the flat spot held me back. Now I know it is there I just start to roll and immediately change into second and this lets me pull away with confidence but the day will come when I forget and someone will run into me.
Any ideas please before I trust the Fiat to the local dealers.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
WE have a Fiat 130 Multijet 2010 and ours does not do that. The only way to check it out is to get I on a diagnostic at a garage. I doesn't need to be a main dealer though.

KH

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is it manual or Comformatic if the later it's quite normal gets better when the engine is run in at around 12000 - 15000 miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As far as I am aware there is no gear select sensor on the Ducato so you really do have a mystery one there !

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I had a euro 4 and now have a euro 5 130 multijet and neither of mine have had that happen, as suggested by others a diagnostics machine may throw some light on the subject.

I don't recall any other funster ever mentioning that problem I feel sure we would have had many posts on the subject if it was a common fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back