Engine CC Help, Talbot Express. (1 Viewer)

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi,

Does anyone have a Talbot Express 2.5 Diesel upto 1994, who could let me know the exact CC size shown on the log book please:thumb:

Thankyou:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi
Tech data has it listed as exactly 2500cc, that is unusual as most engines are a few CCs either way, have done a few sample checks and data list does appear to list exact figures, what is yours listed at??
Geo

OP
OP
wildcamper

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Geo, Thanks for that:thumb:

Thats what I thought & what the handbook said 2.5 But Swansea said manufacturers don't usually make engines at the exact CC so they want me to get a letter stating exact CC, fuel type & engine number & there starts the problem:Angry:
Just been to Peugeot & they couldn't help me because the mechanic said he wouldn't be able to tell what size engine it was just looking at it:Doh:
Went to vosa they don't deal with anything under 3500, so don't know where to go next:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wildcamper

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi digger,

Yeh normally it would but I converted the van to Diesel,
I sent the log book back, filled in with all the new details & Swansea sent a letter back saying I had to state the exact CC, Fuel Type & Engine Number, which I'd already supplied,
I phoned Swansea & they informed me that the exact CC had to be confirmed (even though its correct:Angry:) by Peugeot, AA Ispection or Garage, incase I travel to London:Eeek:

Thanks Anyway:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi can you supply me with the engine code (type) if so, i can let you have the print out from Autodata in our MoT emissions machine
Geo
PS your going to need this info for your next mot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davaud

Free Member
Mar 20, 2008
cheshire
Funster No
MH
1992 coachbuilt
Exp
3 years motorhoming 18 years caraving
davaud

hi i have a talbot express T D 1990 my log book says 2.497cc hope this is of some use to you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back