End of a bank holiday weekend (1 Viewer)

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
IMG_1902.JPG
and it's off to the menders, too much fuel getting to the engine !

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Feel absolutely gutted for you
Hope it's fixed and back in time for the next bout of sunshine

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Oh dear hope it's mended soon.
But, look on the bright side, you already live in a beautiful part of Britain. Lots of lovely places right on your doorstep.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Oh dear hope it's mended soon.
But, look on the bright side, you already live in a beautiful part of Britain. Lots of lovely places right on your doorstep.
That we do, and we were due head into the rain so not so bad, just hope they can fix it quickly as we are due to visit Vanbitz soon and don't want to miss that as it took six weeks to books !

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh no! Your beautiful van!
(I thought Hymers didn't go wrong???)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to see that. Hope it's sorted asap!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
found it now (y)(y)

but none the wiser

what is happening ?

hope no news might be good news, even with a Hymer :(

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Sadly the garage have been in contact with fiat for the last week and between them they've not been able yet to come up with a fix , so here we fit Brocken hearted

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I often use the phrase 'too clever for their own good' too many electronic controls these days and worse no over ride switch

hope next week brings better news (y)(y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hope it's sorted soon, heartbreaking seeing it go off on a low loader.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear on the other thread it's not fixed yet. Good news Eddie can fit you in later.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I hope it is a warranty job, could be very expensive for the ECU injector pump and injectors PLUS fitting it on only to find it was a fuse gone.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I hope it is a warranty job, could be very expensive for the ECU injector pump and injectors PLUS fitting it on only to find it was a fuse gone.
It will be, the Fiat doner was built late Feb / early March and the garage have used the UK V5 to register it on the Fiat system

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Well it's looking good,,, the diagnositcs were inconclusive so the garage got Fiat involved, after further tests Fiat suggested trying to change the injectors, but there were none in the country.

Entre Fiat camper assist Milan in the from of native English speaker Carol (00 800 343 811 11).

She had a set overnighted from Spain to the dealer, on changing them Fiat then recommended changing a sensor, which Carol once again got the part to the dealer overnight.

It's now being fitted and I should , fingers crossed be able to pick it up today !

With the mother in law arriving in the morning for a few days we'll not be able to take it out but are due to travel to Vanbitz in a couple of weeks so that will give it a good run.

As an aside, I had not realised that new Fiat vans come with a two year warranty / assist which includes recovery

Last edited:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

As an aside, I had not realised that new Fiat van come with a two year warranty / assist which includes recovery
I'm pleased to hear you're nearly sorted. You should have had an 'RAC recovery' booklet in amongst all of the other bumph. It used to be bright orange and white coloured, so easy to spot.

Had their cover with both my last vans, but found an anomaly with the cover. They provide full European cover for any sized Fiat, including my 8.6? metre tag axle 4.5 tonne Bessacarr, free of charge when you buy the van, but they won't cover bigger vans if you try to buy the cover direct, as they are too long and too heavy ??

In 2012 this left me travelling to France on their free cover, them refusing my request to buy another year, so I had to pre-arrange my return cover with another company.

Never did get my head around that one :D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm pleased to hear you're nearly sorted. You should have had an 'RAC recovery' booklet in amongst all of the other bumph. It used to be bright orange and white coloured, so easy to spot.
Nope, you get Fiat Camper Assist with a fat white Fiat Camper Assist book, that is what we have had with all 3 new Fiat Motorhomes.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Nope, you get Fiat Camper Assist with a fat white Fiat Camper Assist book, that is what we have had with all 3 new Fiat Motorhomes.
Yup, mine were Fiats too, but the breakdown cover was provided by the RAC.

Thats what memory and time do for you, I would have lost money on that, as I still have this picture of the handbook having the bright orange RAC vans and logos on the cover. I'm trying to think if I've ever had any other RAC cover that could have implanted that image :D

Colours aside, Alistair should have received something amongst all the bumph.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Apart from the Comformatic manual all my info is in English our Belgium dealer if selling to a Brit always requests Hymer & Fiat manuals in English.
Our dealer didn't and I forgot to ask, so every thing is German, however I have managed to find Engp translations on the internet and have scanned the originals to use with Google translate if the need arises.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
UPDATE......... still not working, the talk now is for Fiat to send out a field engineer

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
UPDATE ..... The new vans ECU was incompatible so the upshot was the dealer ordered a new ecu, which when fitted today failed to cure the problem. Three weeks off the road, now it's getting to the point where the Fiat garge has had the vehicle more than we have !

I got the MD of Fiat uk involved yesterday so it is at least getting top priority now. The camper assist people were just liason with no power to expedite anything.

They're still trying a few things this afternoon so there is hope yet.

I'll need to be making another call to @Vanbitz to try and re schedule next Thursday ' s fitting.

The maddening thing is that Fiat have booked their top engineer to go and sort it on Tuesday (maybe even Monday) so we'll probably have a fully functional van by the time we would have been leaving for Cornish farm.

Totally sickened of the whole thing .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back