Emptying Cassette on grass verge (2 Viewers)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Was it the west end of beach near cat and dog home? Up that end near Seafield it's known as Sh*te and briny instead of bright and shiny .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
it did.. I was up at portabello beach with the group... the mess was cleaned up by one of the group but not sure what was done by way of reporting..
ta andy
Thanks Andy.

A few of you have asked me to name and shame if you read the posts you will see I have done this, the group have photos of said crime but I thought it would be better to leave it to your imagination.

Reactions: Jim

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Was it the west end of beach near cat and dog home? Up that end near Seafield it's known as Sh*te and briny instead of bright and shiny .

it was the west end car park... no nearby toilets, but the pub landlord was kind enough to let us use the pub toilets..
no wonder mind.. he must have done well on his takings over the wk end..:)

Thanks Andy.

A few of you have asked me to name and shame if you read the posts you will see I have done this, the group have photos of said crime but I thought it would be better to leave it to your imagination.

yes a photo of the mess was posted on the groups fb site...but was cleaned up and covered with sand etc..
they also posted the reg no of the van at the time.
andy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's not so long ago that ,that woman marathon runner , her name escapes me at the moment got down in the street and had a piss , in the middle of London in full view of the TV cameras, no one suggested locking her up!
Edit Paula Radcliffe mbe, no less

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
It's not so long ago that ,that woman marathon runner , her name escapes me at the moment got down in the street and had a piss , in the middle of London in full view of the TV cameras, no one suggested locking her up!
we can all get caught short lol... this is a bit different...don't you think???:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Emptying it in a lay by, what's the world coming too, wasn't there a phone box handy ?

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Name and shame,

If he is a funster i would hope Jim would ban him ?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Pee is sterile filtered by your kidneys..yes it can hum a little if repeatedly dumped on same spot..But you can actually drink it and many have stuck without water to save their lives......

a bucket of pooh a different matter! a health hazard particularly if it gets into a water course. How some on here can go on about someone having a pee in public and use this as justification for dumping a cassette is astonishing to be honest.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Mrs M often gets caught short..Why only last night........:LOL:

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
One of the Facebook groups I'm a member of has just reported while a few of them were wildcamping this weekend near Edinbrugh another MH not part of them joined them in the car park, the following morning before he left he emptied his cassette all over the grass verge.
They have taken pics of his van and reg number and now debating if they should name and shame him, what do you lot think. The others actually cleaned it up to prevent them getting a bad name.

I hope it was a Funster they came from Birmingham and drove a Hobby.
If facilities were provided to be able to empty cassettes then there would not be a problem. These sort of facilities are provided abroad so why not here? I have driven into camp sites and for £3 have been able to empty my toilet and fill up the water tank. No excuse to empty it any where else even public toilets are a good place.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If facilities were provided to be able to empty cassettes then there would not be a problem. These sort of facilities are provided abroad so why not here? I have driven into camp sites and for £3 have been able to empty my toilet and fill up the water tank. No excuse to empty it any where else even public toilets are a good place.
There are plenty of places at caravan sites, including the extensive 5 van networks and meets/rallies. Trouble is some people don't want to pay for even the cheapest options. There is no excuse to empty anywhere else in any circumstances.

efinjohn

Free Member
Jul 23, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have seen this post on a few forums now.. I may be a tad suspicious that it could well be started by someone with a grudge..

Reactions: DBK

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Name an Shame - BWT its not me (not from Brum but do have a Hobby) wouldnt dream of doing anything like that - hold your head in shame - at least go dig a hole and put it in there - in fact while your at it throw yourself in there too ! Cmon who is it ? anyone know ?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Name an Shame - BWT its not me (not from Brum but do have a Hobby) wouldnt dream of doing anything like that - hold your head in shame - at least go dig a hole and put it in there - in fact while your at it throw yourself in there too ! Cmon who is it ? anyone know ?

Bit late to name and shame OP was August 2015

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I hope no one has made a note of the Reg no. Might have been sold on to new innocent owners by now! They'll wonder why they keep getting 'daggers' wherever they camp and think motorhoming is not for them!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awwww... old thread and first post of page from Our Eddie... :( ... just shows how preciousl time is ... and how it's too short to keep going on about things from the past.... The guy who emptied the cassette .. well... He's probably had about 1000 more piddles by now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back