Employees that have to travel for work could buy caravans or motorhomes instead of stay at hotels (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Nothing new, In 1980/1 I lived in ours to do my new job, for over 3 months whilst we found a house, moved the family 250miles and sold our old home. In the early 2000`s I did some consultancy on a Rig in a Yard in Scotland, living in my R-V on the site for over 6 Months. Many "Site" workers live in caravans, and move from one contract to another. We also "full timed" for over 2 Years when "self building"

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
My farther was an aircraft engineer and back in the mid to late 50's he was doing contract work at various airports and airfields around the South of England.
Having not been married for long and with me arriving on the scene, he wanted to keep the family together, so a caravan was towed behind an old ex-GPO Bedford CA van and we parked up on or near where he was working at the time, which included a spell at Sandy Balls at Godshill near Fordingbridge when he was working at Hurn airport.

OP
OP
MyrtleGuru
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Nothing new, In 1980/1 I lived in ours to do my new job, for over 3 months whilst we found a house, moved the family 250miles and sold our old home. In the early 2000`s I did some consultancy on a Rig in a Yard in Scotland, living in my R-V on the site for over 6 Months. Many "Site" workers live in caravans, and move from one contract to another. We also "full timed" for over 2 Years when "self building"

Yes, me too. I used the van when I was asked to work onsite for customers. They'll be calling us trend-setters next :)

One boss thought I was barking mad, wanting to stay in a van rather than a fully expensed decent hotel. He was quite happy to charge the customer for the hotel expenses and just pay me for the campsite fees, though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back