Emmissions and Weight Proof Travelling Abroad (1 Viewer)

mavisangelica

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Newcastle
Funster No
Exp
I have justs received our V5 document from the DVLA and it is correctly showing the weight as 3850kg. But it doesn't show any CO2 figures or that the engine is a IV type.

We are travelling to Garda in August and are going to go via Germany and Austria.

I have today applied online for a sticker for travelling through Germany but have realised that the V5 doesn't show anything so I took a screenprint from the Ford Etis website where it shows the IV compliance - whether that works or not I don't know.

My questions are:
Should the V5 show something to do with either emmisions or engine type or both?
If not and we are stopped abroad what additional documents do we need.
If we decide to use the Go Box what evidence do we need?

Also

Weightwise what proof do we show if we are stopped by either the police or when going through tolls? The V5 (and also the tax disc) and plate in the engine compartment both show that the motorhome is 3850kg but the plate on the side of the passenger seat and the door pillar both show the weight as being 3500kg.

Can we get away with lower tolls, for example?

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
We have just come back via Germany and Austria - you only need the plakette if you intend entering Towns with the system e.g motorways skirting are not included, Munich Karlesrue etc.
Austria, met two motorhomers both with 3850kg vans who had knowingly only bought vignettes. However we were with others pulled through a service area at 15 Km/H off the Motorway and checked for displaying a vignette by Motorway Staff, with camera`s in a van and a man at the roadside Its the plate on the bonnet and the V5 they will check if anything at all on the weight front. I can`t help feeling these checkers will recognise a Tag Axle as being over 3500Kg.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

You can purchase a GO Box without any emissions data on your V5 they just set it up as if it was the bottom emissions level and I'm sure your plate will be sufficient for any weight problems.

We didn't buy either a Go Box or Vignette as we didn't use any motorways in Austria so didn't need either and the roads were very good and easy to follow, we ignored the 3.5 Ton limits when they were accompanied with the photo of a lorry and had no problems travelling from Germany into Italy and would do it again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mavisangelica

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Newcastle
Funster No
Exp
Thanks all,

My problem is that I read too much and then say 'what if' all the time when really there is nothing to worry about.

We will certainly try and negotiate Austria off the motorways but if we get lost (as we always do, even with a sat nav, route plan and maps!!) and stray onto the motorway, is there a way of paying the appropriate fee/get a go box/etc or are we snookered ?

According to my first stab on the route planner it s going to be miles cheaper than going down France anyway, so if we have to pay tolls at the appropriate rate then that is fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back