Free Member
Jul 28, 2016
Bracknell
Funster No
MH
In progress
Exp
Hi All!

Total newbie to motor homes that is jumping head first into the motor homing world! Well, not completely head first, we have been researching on how to do a camper van conversion for a good 6 months or so. But our rent is ridiculous and I’m sure everyone knows how massive house prices are nowadays. Therefore our plan has expanded into getting a larger vehicle and transforming it into a mostly permanent motor home for me, my good lady and a small 1 year old human that lodges with us to use for the next couple of years. I know enough to know that it’ll be a lot of hard work (physically and mentally) and lots of head scratching/pulling out hair trying to figure out wattages/amps/psi/bar. Plus we have to live with the mother-in-law whilst we are converting! But I love the idea of being the king of my own castle, even if it is on wheels and only around 10m long :).

So I’m looking forward to picking a few of your brains, getting some contacts and finding some like-minded people as our project develops.

Thanks,

Dan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome to the madhouse.
Biggest hurdle to overcome is full timer insurance.
Only a couple of companies offer it and expect double the premium that you would pay if just used for pleasure/holidays etc.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
anything 10m long is going to need a C1 licence and reading between the lines you dont sound old enough to of passed your driving test before 1996. So unless you have a C1 through your work that is another expensive hurdle to jump

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:hiya::WelcomeFlag:Good luck with your venture

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No