Apr 28, 2008
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Guys & Gals,
anybody got idea how to over come two problems with my Autostratus,
1. There is no apparent leak in the roof, as no rain comes in when stationary, but when Travelling after heavy rain the rear bed is wet where water has come in via the rear Hieki through the rear lights.

2. pulsing water in the wash room there is no problem in the kitchen area, but the flow is slow and pulsing by the time it reaches the tap/shower .
thanks

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi Tony
It sounds as if the seal around the top of the heki has gone. there should be a large rubber seal around the top edge of the non noving part of the heki. these can split or come off (they get stuck to the lid when it lifts and you dont notice.
This will mean that horizontal rain will be pushed under the lid when driving.

Pulsing water. if you have a pull up shower head that doubles as the tap faucet make sure the hose isnt kinked when its pushed into the top of the sink. Pull as much out as you can and try running the tap again and checking for kinks. Pulsing is usually down to blockages and kinks and this is more evident as the kitchen works OK

I hope these suggestions help

phill

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Hello Tony,
Good advice from Iceni. I have a 2003 RG. Is yours an RG.?
On the tap-- unscrew the end and remove and clean the small mesh fillter which gets full of gunge. That should increase the flow rate.
On the leak-- (I've had a few!) If not what Iceni mentions then:-- Lie on back on the bed with partner, or other helper, to catch Heki that is.-- take off panels and remove some 16 or so small screws that hold Inner heki (mark which holes they go in with pencil, as there are many) Inner Heki will drop down. You can then see where the water is coming in by the water marks and debris. Now you can see if the whole Heki need a reseal. What you have done will not effect the main seal!!
Best of luck.
I don't live far from you. Give me a shout if you need help. Mine went back to the factory for complete reseal. so am expert!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

E

Elddis"ar"us

Deleted User
:Doh:
Hi Guys & Gals,
anybody got idea how to over come two problems with my Autostratus,
1. There is no apparent leak in the roof, as no rain comes in when stationary, but when Travelling after heavy rain the rear bed is wet where water has come in via the rear Hieki through the rear lights.

2. pulsing water in the wash room there is no problem in the kitchen area, but the flow is slow and pulsing by the time it reaches the tap/shower .
thanks

E

Elddis"ar"us

Deleted User
:thumb:Check sealant round windows, if concered clean edges and seal with sanitry sealant (dow corning) or other good quality one.
Surging on tap you need an expansion vessel from any motorhome shop fit it between pump and sevice pipe it will also extend the life of your pump

OP
OP
T

TonyP

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks guys,
it is a RG colliezack, it due to go back to dealer next month, he has resealed the external part of the heiki, will check rubber seal when i get it back out of storage.
Hopefully your advice will cure the niggles
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back