Electrolux rm 4213 (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi my fridege isnt working very well on gas I assume reading the here and there that the jet needs cleaning and maybe the flue.From what I can see the fridge has 4 screws holding it in place so I guess I undo these and the fridge should slide forward ? Then remove gas connection then I am hoping i can clean the jet fue etc and then i will be good to go_Or am i way of the mark ? Local caravan dealer said they would service it but wasnt interested in removing the fridge as the only work on caravans.Any tips ideas be most welcome will I find any horrors or any points I have missed ?

Thanx for any advice in advance Paul

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think Johns Cross is in your neck of the woods if so give em a ring for a price

dogseal

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
6 years.
Hi my fridege isnt working very well on gas I assume reading the here and there that the jet needs cleaning and maybe the flue.From what I can see the fridge has 4 screws holding it in place so I guess I undo these and the fridge should slide forward ? Then remove gas connection then I am hoping i can clean the jet fue etc and then i will be good to go_Or am i way of the mark ? Local caravan dealer said they would service it but wasnt interested in removing the fridge as the only work on caravans.Any tips ideas be most welcome will I find any horrors or any points I have missed ?

Thanx for any advice in advance Paul
Hi Paul,
Is the fridge burner staying lit up, or does the flame go out when you release the push in knob? If it goes out when you release it, its probably the thermocouple.
If your fridge has the large top & bottom vents on the outside of your van, you may be able to get to the burner without removing the fridge through the bottom vent..I can do this on mine..Just!
Mine was secondhand when I got it, but I bench tested it before I fitted it in the van. The burner was working but the fridge was'nt getting cold. My dad ( now gone sadly.) told me to turn the fridge upside down for 24 hours, then try it again..guess what? It worked! Hope this helps,
:thumb:
dogseal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Burner staying on flame looks a little dodgy ie sometimes flickers with some yellow.Last time we used van it pissed down real hard and I have read this can soot the flue up ? I will lok at the outside vents (2 largish ones) but i cant fathome out how they remove.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
i had the same prob.. and i am having a serviced £60, i do non,t know any thing about fridges, so called in the experts:Smile:

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
That option for me is £40 per hour plus parts and vat I have to remove the fridge and refit

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the haynes motor caravan manual by john wickersham covers serviceing a fridge .there are a lot of tips in there if you arent too sure of m,homing .can help with many problems .easy to understand .
isbn 1 85960 322 x.
its a 1998 book but think haynes still do it.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Well I have removed fridge and it looks like the problem is rust and dust from the flu so i have had a real good clean up.And I will replace tommoz next job is fixing watertank fitting that snapped of yesterday at motox looks like that going to be fun :Sad:

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Fridge is now working very well infact the bride said it was too cold :Doh:

Now I cant help thinking the ignition probe is wrongly placed it works fine but to be honest as I took it apart it came apart to easy and I didnt see its position. after the porcelain part it has a metal probe bent at 45 degrees.I have it facing up towards the middle and its sparking against the other probe (thermocouple ?) Searched internet for diagrams etc but cant find anything

ANY IDEAS ? or do i leave it as it is thanx in advance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back