Electrolux domestic wont ignite but sparks. (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
20170324_112832-picsay.jpg
Hi. Ci Riviera with an electrolux domestic i think 6.
Symptoms...works great but when turned on gas it sparks but no flame. Obv main gas tap is turned on. What would be the next thing to check? Many thanks.

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Whe did you last have it serviced? If more than a year ago, the jet may be blocked. Accessible from the bottom external vent cover but you have to dismantle the burner housing to get at it. Don't poke anything in the jet hole, just blow through it. Best to fit a new jet if it has not been done for some time.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Different model but my Dometic would spark but not ignite, it was the 12volt supply to the gas solenoid that was the problem, the push on Lucar connector had corroded, snipped it off and fitted a new one.
The solenoid is a little cylindrical alloy casting, about half the size of an old 35 mm film canister, it's situated on the gas pipe, just before the burner and has one wire going to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dafydd_Cymru
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Whe did you last have it serviced? If more than a year ago, the jet may be blocked. Accessible from the bottom external vent cover but you have to dismantle the burner housing to get at it. Don't poke anything in the jet hole, just blow through it. Best to fit a new jet if it has not been done for some time.
I never had it serviced....good point i'll book it in this week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back