Electrobloc Fuses (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
I have a recent Burstner motorhome with an Electrobloc EBL119 power unit under the passenger seat. For weeks now I have had a problem with the fridge/freezer, awning light, outside door light, tv aerial and inside entrance lights not working.
I had checked quite a few fuses in case anything had blown -including some on the Electrobloc- but everything seemed fine. So I did a bit of reading of the handbook again and it seems that there is a 25A fuse in position 4 (labelled "25A Reserve 4") which seemed to cover all of the units that had failed. So, I went searching and found that there was a 10A fuse fitted in position 4 on the Electrobloc unit which -when my podgy fingers had extracted said fuse- found it to be blown. Thinking that a wrong fuse had been put in at the factory, I replaced it with a 25A fuse and everything works fine.
But was I right, or should I have replaced it with a 10A fuse again or even a 15A/20A fuse as a compromise???

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Try A&N in Wales.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ian4apenny
May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
You need to define what exactly is connected to that fuse & the total current requirement.
Hi Lenny,
Need someone to check my theory. Fridge is 14A absorption type Dometic. As there seems to be a separate 20A fuse near the vehicle battery to cover this, I assume the fuse I found on the Electrobloc covers only the power requirements of the control panel (which Dometic say in their online fitting instructions should be covered by a 2A fuse). So that power (2A)+Awning led lights (5A)+Entrance led lights (2A)+Aerial amplifier (0.1A) 9.1 Amps. Which could explain why a 10 Amp fuse was fitted as it would unusual for all these to be on together.
Regards Ian

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We have a 2019 Hymercar and it has an Schaudt Electroblock EBL 30 and to assist me with understanding the van electrical system I was able to download the instruction manual in English which I think was from the Schaudt website. All the fuse positions are are shown with their appliances and that does seem to be consistent with what has been installed on my van and it has been very useful in understanding the van electrics.

OP
OP
ian4apenny
May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
We have a 2019 Hymercar and it has an Schaudt Electroblock EBL 30 and to assist me with understanding the van electrical system I was able to download the instruction manual in English which I think was from the Schaudt website. All the fuse positions are are shown with their appliances and that does seem to be consistent with what has been installed on my van and it has been very useful in understanding the van electrics.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Lenny,
Need someone to check my theory. Fridge is 14A absorption type Dometic. As there seems to be a separate 20A fuse near the vehicle battery to cover this, I assume the fuse I found on the Electrobloc covers only the power requirements of the control panel (which Dometic say in their online fitting instructions should be covered by a 2A fuse). So that power (2A)+Awning led lights (5A)+Entrance led lights (2A)+Aerial amplifier (0.1A) 9.1 Amps. Which could explain why a 10 Amp fuse was fitted as it would unusual for all these to be on together.
Regards Ian
The 20 amp ones shown here are the main ones for the fridge, on our Hymer there is a separate fuse block next to the EBL that has the 2 amp fuse for the fridge electronics.

OP
OP
ian4apenny
May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
The 20 amp ones shown here are the main ones for the fridge, on our Hymer there is a separate fuse block next to the EBL that has the 2 amp fuse for the fridge electronics.
That sounds about right then. I'll replace the blown 10A fuse with another 10A and if it ever blows, at least I will know which one it is. Thanks Lenny.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi Lenny,
Regards Ian

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The 'Reserve 4' circuit is one of the extra circuits, in addition to the named ones like TV, Heating etc. It has a higher amps capability than most of the others.

The MNL connectors on the front of the EBL have a max current rating of about 15 amps. Two of the circuits, Reserve 3 and Reserve 4, have two pins for positive, and two pins for negative, to permit a max current of 25 amps. It's not obligatory to use this extra current capacity, and there's no reason not to use it just like a 15A circuit. Presumably that's what Hymer decided to do.

Maybe an extra item or two has been wired into this circuit, so the maximum current with everything on is enough to blow the 10A fuse. You could use a 15A fuse, which would allow for the possibility that only one of the two-pin pair was used for this circuit.

Reserve 4 is special in that it remains on when the habitation 12V is switched off at the control panel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ian4apenny
May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
The 'Reserve 4' circuit is one of the extra circuits, in addition to the named ones like TV, Heating etc. It has a higher amps capability than most of the others.

The MNL connectors on the front of the EBL have a max current rating of about 15 amps. Two of the circuits, Reserve 3 and Reserve 4, have two pins for positive, and two pins for negative, to permit a max current of 25 amps. It's not obligatory to use this extra current capacity, and there's no reason not to use it just like a 15A circuit. Presumably that's what Hymer decided to do.

Maybe an extra item or two has been wired into this circuit, so the maximum current with everything on is enough to blow the 10A fuse. You could use a 15A fuse, which would allow for the possibility that only one of the two-pin pair was used for this circuit.

Reserve 4 is special in that it remains on when the habitation 12V is switched off at the control panel.
Thanks Autorouter.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back