Electric step problem (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi Folks, tried to post this last weekend, just as our hub died. Up and running again now.

During our last outing, the electric step decided to jam in the down position. To get us moving again, I removed it and bought a cheap step from the supermarket, which served us well for the duration. Since getting back, I have dismantled and inspected the motor/mechanism and suspect that the motor is deceased. Serial number show it to be Italian UNUS MACRI-PM32. Have googled, but not coming up with much. Anyone got any idea's about spares?

Cheers

Keith :cool:

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
My omnistep gets stuck down but its only the switch i just get to the switch press it a few times and then its fine usually happens when I drive in the rain

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Do you know the maker of your step? Is it a Techno? Found this on the "grumpy" web site :rolleyes:

"The Techno Double step on our Autocruise Starblazer recently stopped working in the up position. Suspect 12V electric motor as it had become lazy in retracting fully, needing a knee up to retract fully.
Stripped step & motor down and it's fitted with an Italian UNUS International Macri PM32 Gearbox motor.
Further stripping down motor, it looks as if the armature sprung brushes have worn out.
Can you buy these as spares in UK?? "

He got a reply:
"I believe CAK tanks keep parts. "

Hope this helps (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
The Omnistep on our Apache started to play up recently and wouldn't go back in. We tried cleaning , inspecting electrics and swearing , eventually taking out the fuse and using a caravan step. Finally took it to Fullers where we bought the van and their chap simply said " it'll be the thermal fuse " ?? Sorted in seconds. We'll done Fullers . Hope this helps you Pikeman

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Ours stuck down in the pi**ing rain but I just gave the large motor box (which is mounted underneath beside the step in a black plastic cover) a swift, but technically adroit "thump" and it never gave a moments trouble ever again... Not very helpful probably, but it was raining VERY hard at the time !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back