margcal

Free Member
Jul 28, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Electric step on My Laika motorhome keeps sticking. Bottom step doesn't fold enough before top step starts to fold. Result is I have to manuually close bottom step as mechanism is closing. One of these times fingers are also going to be folded up manually!! Any suggestions?:Doh:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Electric step on My Laika motorhome keeps sticking. Bottom step doesn't fold enough before top step starts to fold. Result is I have to manuually close bottom step as mechanism is closing. One of these times fingers are also going to be folded up manually!! Any suggestions?:Doh:

There is a micro switch under steps check if that is clean . I have had an intermittent problem with mine not retracting and I installed a new operating switch inside the van. Cost about £8 from
http://www.vanplus.co.uk/
They are local to me but do mail order

I hope this is some help.
Best of luck

Rob :thumb:

Aug 4, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E460
Exp
15 years
It needs to be clean of dirt at the moveable areas, give it a good brush out and then apply some WD40, if there is no dirt or fine grit in the mechanism it should improve the movement. The WD40 will dry out so then give it some penetrating oil. hope this helps.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back