Electric step component (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Hi all, I'm busy replacing the electric step switch, but am unable to find a new plug (on left of photo) as shown in attached photo, can anyone point me to a source.

Attachments

• IMG_20190813_165604093_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20190813_165604093_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Thanks tacr2man,
l sent rs components a photo but they said without any manufacture name or number they couldn't help, hence I'm posting here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
You may be better off simply replacing both sides of the connector with a new 4 pin connector. That looks like one of those connectors that are just about impossible to find, and if you can are stupidly priced.

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
The male side is the old switch, new one on the way, the plug would move occasionally and the steps would stop working, so in my wisdom....I put a spot of superglue on it ??, it was fine for a few months, hmmm, not such a good idea! its all gummed up now.
ps - cutting it off and going direct sounds like a good solution if I cant find one ??

Last edited:

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Order some of these, easy to solder or crimp, simple to use and very reliable IME due to the nice connector action:

Always use the socket on the van (power source) side, plug on the gadget BTW - a useful good habit to get into.

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
So I've gone direct and removed the plug, although I switched the habitation power off I still got a spark whilst cutting the tip off the wire, anyway it's not working, could I have blown the fuse, does anyone know where to find it???

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
So I've gone direct and removed the plug, although I switched the habitation power off I still got a spark whilst cutting the tip off the wire, anyway it's not working, could I have blown the fuse, does anyone know where to find it???

I think the step is always live (it is on my Globecar) so you'll have blown a little fuse if you cut through them all at the same cut/time.

I'd look at the van fusebox on the lower dash, if you use a meter you can see the fuses have exposed metal to allow you to test them. Just ground the black meter wire, set it to 20V range and test both sides of all the fuses in there: one will have 12V on one terminal and 0V the other side...

If you have no meter look at all 10A and above.

OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
I melted the new switch? So got a smart friend to put a meter on the next one which is working great....ps new switch I melted was £36 from Brownhills, but got the same thing off eBay for £8...another lesson learnt. Thanks to all for help and suggestions.
Steph.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back