Electric Shaver (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Never had an electric shaver but one would be handy for m/h.
Is there such a thing that can be recharged via a 12v USB and if so any recommendations?
TIA

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Don't know about 12v or a USB one but Lidl and Aldi have one in at £17 which I have for the same reason as you. I charge it fully before leaving and last for a fortnight no problem. I do take the charger just in case we're on hook up

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I used to shave every couple of days, but after moving into the 'van just gave up and 'grew some facial fluff'.
Hair clippers on a sunday - head n chin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Lidl have them on offer today £19-99 with three floating heads and sideboard trimmer, they are 240 volt charger or USB charger, So I have bought one, looks good quality with 3 years warranty.

John.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Purple2
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
We all have our own agendas.
Thanks for the helpful comments.

Reactions: f6c

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
For interest - Pete's had a Phillips (3 floating heads, sideboard trimmer, waterproof etc) 240v rechargeable for quite a while. Recharged it before we went away on 6th july and although we had hook up quite a few times - unfortunately if you forget to pack the charging unit you are a bit knackered ..... But by judicious use - ie not shaving some days, wet shaving others interspersed with using , NOT using the sideboard trimmer thingy to trim his neck hair - the thing was still able to shave him last Wednesday before we came home!

If you don't want to look like Grizzly Adams for any part of your holiday, well obviously that's no good - cos I must admit it did get a bit like that at times! (We call those days 'Rufty Tufty Camper' days and have been doing so from time to time for a good many years now!)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have a Braun shaver which lasts at least six week before it needs charging and that takes one hour. However if it ever does run out s five minute charge off the inverter is enough for one decent shave. It's a series 7 widely available and around £80 on Amazon.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive never got on with electric shaver as i was never a heavy shaver its possible i should try again

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I use a rechargeable Remington 3 head rotary thinga majiggy! It lasts for ages between charges, and I give it a boost when we have hookup, or sufficient sun. Works for me, I have always found the battery powered, or 12v items too weedy to deal with the job in hand.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Don't bother with one of these:-

They're sold under a variety of brands. Seemed like a good idea, easy to charge from a USB socket, I got one cheap through work, and whilst it charges fine it irritates the hell out of my chin and struggles to cope with more than a day's worth of growth. I now just take my rechargeable rotary Philishave from home, it lasts about 4 weeks on a charge anyway - plus I keep some disposable razors and a tin of foam in the van in case I forget to charge it.

One of these might be worth a look though, a USB rechargeable Philishave rip-off:-

I've always found rotary shavers to be the best type of electric, but nothing gives as close a shave as a decent blade - despite what Victor Kyam used to say!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Don't bother with one of these:-

They're sold under a variety of brands. Seemed like a good idea, easy to charge from a USB socket, I got one cheap through work, and whilst it charges fine it irritates the hell out of my chin and struggles to cope with more than a day's worth of growth. I now just take my rechargeable rotary Philishave from home, it lasts about 4 weeks on a charge anyway - plus I keep some disposable razors and a tin of foam in the van in case I forget to charge it.

One of these might be worth a look though, a USB rechargeable Philishave rip-off:-

I've always found rotary shavers to be the best type of electric, but nothing gives as close a shave as a decent blade - despite what Victor Kyam used to say!
Totally agree with the first one. I bought one from Amazon and whilst it gave a good enough shave, it just wouldn't recharge. Noval idea apple shave, Just waiting for a refund now.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I use a rechargeable Remington 3 head rotary thinga majiggy! It lasts for ages between charges, and I give it a boost when we have hookup, or sufficient sun. Works for me, I have always found the battery powered, or 12v items too weedy to deal with the job in hand.
Always having Phillips before, and with the latest one packing up, loose connection or something inside, just kept stopping, Julie saw one of these Remington ones in Asda and bought it for me and must say although it looks identical to a philishave one it is far better at the moment, will shave three days off no problem where the Philips always struggled.
And at about a third of the price, can't be bad(y)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I kept my old Phillips going for years and years Chaser, and when it finally died switching to a new one had a similar effect, I guess the cutting heads on the old one had just had it. Mind you I like the third of the price bit! ;)

OLLI17

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
A cheap inverter would take care of charging.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I have the Phillips rechargeable 3 headed one at home, it doesn't give me a very good shave but in the van I have had for many years a cheap Phillips 2 headed battery operated one that gives a very good shave. I think it was £14 at the time and runs on 2 AA batteries that seem to last for months

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Why would an electric shaver be useful in a Moho?
Don't most of them have hot water?
Sorry,just don't understand.
Some of us don't like to shave that close, 1/4" away from my skin is close enough.
I'm in the Philips shaver camp too. Tried all the others and come back to the best.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I too use a Philips, must be over 20 years old and the charge lasts for ages.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have just gone back to wet shaving after 4 years of using a Phillips,,,Much closer shave and lasts all day,,May still carry Phillips for lazy days,,BUSBY.:D:D

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Philips floating 3 head electric shaver for me too. We go away two or three times every year for two or three months at a time so as well as the one I use at home I bought another which lives in the MH. About 45 euros from memory. Mains rechargeable. Lasts for ages on a single charge, and if it's little led light goes red indicating low charge I just plug it in to our 12volt system via a little 200 watt Mains inverter for a couple of hours on a sunny day (we have 3 solar panels on the roof and don't hardly ever use campsites with ehu). Absolutely fantastic razor with sideburns trimmer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back