Electric problem no 240v (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The inverter has an IEC plug for the output to the loads. It has an IEC socket for the input from the hookup mains.

As a test, can you remove both plug and socket from the inverter, and connect them together? This should bypass the inverter and supply hookup power direct to the 240V MH sockets. If the sockets work, then at least you know the problem is in the inverter.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Morning All. We're ready to face the day again. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. autorouter your suggestion would be brilliant but we can't get at the back of the inverter as its under the floor.
Mrjenben will give that a go in a min. I'm not hopeful that it's going to be that simple. Should we unplug the ehu first? Or turn the EBL off. Or turn the inverter off? There are too many variables here. I can't get the heating to work now.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thinking slightly sideways, a well-known local caravan dealer/workshop spent 3 days looking for a similar fault on my Swift - turned out to be a connecting block under one of the seats behind a socket had worked it's way loose, isolating all the 240v sockets....................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Looking at the three LEDs, am I right that the top one (green) indicates that the 'Input Level' is 12.1 to 14.2V (ie normal), the middle LED (off) indicates no load connected, the lower one (orange) indicates that the 'Power Status' is 'Normal operation with battery power supply' not green which would indicate 'External supply via 230V'.

That might mean the 230V is not reaching the inverter input,or there's a trip that needs resetting.

Attachments

• msp702_2524_b_14s_01_en_P44.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • msp702_2524_b_14s_01_en_P43.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Looking at the three LEDs, am I right that the top one (green) indicates that the 'Input Level' is 12.1 to 14.2V (ie normal), the middle LED (off) indicates no load connected, the lower one (orange) indicates that the 'Power Status' is 'Normal operation with battery power supply' not green which would indicate 'External supply via 230V'.

That might mean the 230V is not reaching the inverter input,or there's a trip that needs resetting.
Hi my husband says thank you for explaining that so simply so even we can understand it. Yes that is what the three LEDs are showing.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
autorouter. Could there be something on the elektoblok that affects the inverter? Because it has been repaired and Glenn put it back in.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
https://forum.hme-ev.de/viewtopic.php?t=12119 is the only reference of E215 error code I could find.

Phil.
Thanks for that. Even though our error messages are different I'll try that. I have emailed Udo at schaudt to find out what our error messages relate to. In the meantime people here at the Corfe Castle rally have been really helpful and set us up with a temporary socket.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Could there be something on the elektoblok that affects the inverter? Because it has been repaired and Glenn put it back in.
Anything is possible I suppose, and I don't know the details of the EBL 213 with its SDT bus and peripheral modules. But my feeling is that the inverter auto-changeover relay (Net Priority Relay) is not working, or there's a bad connection in the mains wiring. Or maybe that reset switch at the back of the inverter. The inverter thinks it's not getting hookup power. But that's not enough to explain the problem. It should be giving you mains power from the batteries if there's no hookup power.

I read somewhere that there's a full list of error codes for the SDT-bus based EBLs like the EBL213. It's supposed to be on the Schaudt website, but I can't find it, though my German is a bit basic. Maybe others will have more luck.

There's a lot of polyfuses in the system, in the EBL and the peripheral modules. When they trip, there's a procedure for resetting them described in the manual. Basically it involves shutting everything off, including hookup power, for at least 2 minutes to allow the polyfuse to reset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Apluljack engineering (01278 588922) repair the Electrobloc systems perhaps the can help with information about the fault code ?
Hi yes. This is where the problem started we had sent the elektroblock to Apuljacks along with the display panel to get the display panel fixed. Before that the inverter was working fine. Will ring them anyway.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
No. We've got someone coming to look at it this afternoon. Fingers crossed but not feeling optimistic. Will let you know.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi again. The electrician was very good and checked e everything. He found that all our 12v is working and our solar is ok too. The problem is some connection to the inverter but it is inaccessible. He identified the area where the bad connection must be. So I think it's a step forward and apparently we will be ok off grid. I got a reply from Udo at schaudt error 215 and 021 are both fuse faults but the fuses are OK. That's about it we have to find a way to get under the floor.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It seems strange that there's no access to the other end of the inverter. Have you tried removing the screws that can be seen, and trying to take the inverter out of the underfloor space. The wires at the other end might be long enough for you to do that. Otherwise, how did they connect it all up in the first place? Where is the leisure battery in relation to this inverter? You may be able to disconnect the inverter battery wires at the battery.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Yes we've removed the screws. The back half of the inverter is under the floor. There doesn't seem to be much spare wire at the back as we can only pull it a little way forward. We may be able to access it from under one of the kitchen drawers but as we're ok at the moment we'll wait till we get home to investigate that further. I think we could contact hymer and ask how to get access. Not sure how to contact hymer though.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
An update on our problem
We went to the New Forest with no ehu and everything looked OK for a couple of days. We kept checking the batteries and they were fully charged despite the weather being grim and us merrily watching TV.
Then we woke up on Friday to no power whatsoever.
Cutting a long story short we left for Mrjenben Chris's house. He has fixed us. This was the problem.
Chris had a look at the problem and discovered that a certain nameless person :rolleyes: had made a mistake when he replaced the elektroblok. Although he had plugged everything in correctly he had done it in the wrong order. So the leisure batteries and starter batteries were reversed
So we were living off the starter battery. This is why the leisure batteries stayed charged and the van battery was flat.
The solar regulator may have set itself to 24v so too much power was going in leading to the error messages.
A totally separate issue is that the inverter has blown something. Chris has managed to get it out and we may be able to get it repaired. We're looking into that today.
Thanks for all your efforts to help. Funsters can be relied on to be there in a crisis. (y) :clap2:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I realise now (with not a little embarrassment) that I was banging on about faults listed on the Truma site, when you were posting about the Electroblock!😊 Sorry, you must think I’m an idiot.🤯

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back