maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I will have an OmniStep 12V 520 drop-down electric step for sale at Newbury. This was originally fitted to my Hobby but dropped down too low to be much use, so I have replaced it with a different version. Had about 6 months use before it was removed. I've been carrying it about in a locker ever since. :RollEyes:

Works perfectly and comes complete with switch and wiring. These steps sell at over £200 new, so I'm offering it for £100. Not practical to post it due to its weight so I'd rather sell it at a rally. I won't be at haggers' Bring&Buy this year but could maybe arrange for someone at Newbury to take it there for me if that would help.

If anyone's interested, please send me a PM.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi, Maz we have the same problem with our step, we have much to my dislike started carrying a plastic step for longer stops.Maz have you by any chance went for the step that comes straight out if so how good is it.
Thanks John.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi, Maz we have the same problem with our step, we have much to my dislike started carrying a plastic step for longer stops.Maz have you by any chance went for the step that comes straight out if so how good is it.
Thanks John.

Hi John. The OmniStep that slides straight out wouldn't fit on the Alko chassis - Hobby only seem to use them on the Ford chassis. I ended up with a Project 2000 step with what they call a 'see-saw motion'. It drops down slightly but nowhere near as much as the original step. It splits the distance to climb up into two equal steps, which is much easier. Only slight downside is that it doesn't stick out quite as far as the original step. That's not an issue going up but can be a bit trickier coming down at first until you get used to it - I now turn at a slight angle automatically when descending. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back