Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
I going to hook up to the electric at home for the first tome.
On my Autosleeper Orion Zeta (much like a Nuevo) the switch panel has Hab and Vehicle to the left of the panel on one switch, the other next to it has Master.
My question is once connected do I have the switch on Hab to charge the leisure battery and the other switch on Master?
Advice appreciated.
Thank you.
Mimi
20160511_115752.jpg

OP
OP
Mimi

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you Techno appreciate your prompt reply.
All a learning curve lots to go yet.
Regards
Mimi

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It may be useful to Mimi, to know what the two switches do.

I think the leftmost one may merely select which battery is being tested when the top switch is pressed to the left and I think the Master switch will isolate everything from the habitation battery. I’m not sure that either switch will control the charger (but I don’t know) and I’d expect the charger to only charge the habitation bank. If I’m right, the answer to Mimi’s question is “it won’t matter” (for charging the battery) but you’d have no internal 12V services (lights, TV) without the Master switch in the ‘On’ position.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would expect the battery selector switch to select which battery to use and which one gets charged. That would be normal on a British built van
Consequently yes the battery gauge will show the voltage or state of the battery in use only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It looks like Orion is a second string on Autosleepers bow so the Autosleeper website does not supply user manuals for that model. It seems to me that it is not a Sargent system like the others so it is more likely as I said that the battery selector chooses the battery in service and the one that also gets the charge. Many early Autocruise and Autotrail do the same.
It would take very little time to establish this with a voltmeter at the jump starter terminals under the bonnet (X250 chassis). If the starter battery is getting a charge when selected it will read around 13.6 volts (y)

For anyone else all Autosleeper manuals from 2008 on are on their website (y)

Starter battery positive under bonnet. Negative is a threaded stud on the front crossmember
CA_10271310580150-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back