Electric hook-up - what's in our kit (1 Viewer)

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
do you plan on doing any electrical work on the van while its still plugged into hookup ?

No !!! Then reverse polarity is NOT a problem.

Everything still works....fan motor turn the right way, lights turn on and off, electric hobs get hot not cold, fridges get cold, not hot.

I'm not going to risk it on my old van.

On the control panel there is a "Reversed Polarity" light and associated fuse. If the light comes on the fuse blows and nothing works! (I don't actually have spare fuses come to think of it...) Any way, for this reason I am putting this set of adapters together for our trip next week! :)

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
B: Polarity / wiring tester:

tester

I purchased one of these for my kit. I was just going over the bits and bobs and found it is rated as 220 - 250 volts!!!!!! Is this going to actually work in Europe on 110?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Dude!!! Never knew that!!!

So it is just the US that go for 110? Shows how much I know lol!! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you

yeah.. just the yanks.. typical..

basically because they were / are a rich country and could afford the heaver copper cable for the infrastructure..so went for 110v as it is safer

on the other hand.. UK .. poor and originally 250v before harmonisation with Europe at a nominal 230v, .. smaller cables and less expensive infrastructure.. and to hell with safety .. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back