Electric Frying Pan / Skillet (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looking to buy an electric frying pan for the van, but there is a vast selection.. reviews are mixed for all the ones I've looked at..

Does anyone have one they use one at home or in the van and would recommend?

Please don't suggest or recommend a Remoska .. not interested..

TIA

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looking to buy an electric frying pan for the van, but there is a vast selection.. reviews are mixed for all the ones I've looked at..

Does anyone have one they use one at home or in the van and would recommend?

Please don't suggest or recommend a Remoska .. not interested..

TIA
someone posted a couple of weeks ago that b&m were selling one for about £15 , but i went to have a look and our branch didnt have one:(

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
From experience, you need to look at the bottom bit, the actual pan
It needs to be fairly beefy. You'll find the cheaper ones are just 1mm pressed steel, quick to heat up but shear hell to keep a constant temp. The thing is either sitting there sulking one minute, and, frying in a frenzy the next!

Before it stuffed up our old one, the bottom was made of an alloy quite chunky, it kept a constant temp. The element was actually moulded into the pan. It was about 25 years old when we gave it the flick.

We bought another for 35quid Flimsy stamped steel and the element attached to the bottom, and yes! it acts just like the one in the first paragraph!

Still looking:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Vonshef multicooker which we have used for 2 years.
Highly recommend as you can use it for many types of cooking

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Still looking:LOL:

when / if I find one like that will let you know..

when I got married, 1972, we were given an electric frying pan as a gift.. and it was solid aluminium base.. proper heavy job.. wish I could find one similar ..

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have used a Kampa grill &or 2 years but Tefal covering is thin and worn through so burns everything. Advised to buy this one which I have off to Spain next week for three months so will see how it goes. Big yes over the grill is the glass lid to prevent fat splashing so looking forward to testing it.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have used a Kampa grill &or 2 years but Tefal covering is thin and worn through so burns everything. Advised to buy this one which I have off to Spain next week for three months so will see how it goes. Big yes over the grill is the glass lid to prevent fat splashing so looking forward to testing it.

thanks.. we looked at it and it ticks the boxes.. after testing it can you give a review.. ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Maybe I'm being thick but wouldn't a single portable electric hob with a good frying pan on do the same thing? The pan could then be used on the gas cooker and the hob for other stuff too.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe I'm being thick but wouldn't a single portable electric hob with a good frying pan on do the same thing? The pan could then be used on the gas cooker and the hob for other stuff too.

in a word.. yes.. I did give that some thought... may even come to that,

but would prefer an electric skillet / frying pan with a glass lid that can also be used as a multi-cooker.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
in a word.. yes.. I did give that some thought... may even come to that,

but would prefer an electric skillet / frying pan with a glass lid that can also be used as a multi-cooker.
... you can get frying pans with glass lids too ... :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
... you can get frying pans with glass lids too ... :)

indeed.. not ruled out yet ..

but IMV an electric frying pan is a more elegant solution.. safer and more versatile.. please let me spend money on this.. :LOL:

I'm all for elegance .. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
indeed.. not ruled out yet ..

but IMV an electric frying pan is a more elegant solution.. safer and more versatile.. please let me spend money on this.. :LOL:

I'm all for elegance .. ;)
I'm trying to save you from yourself Jim ... a Scot spending money possibly unnecessarily ... what is the world coming to!!! :D2

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have a Quest 4 pop up tent and when abroad do all our cooking in that as the continentals tend to do when its hot its a more pleasant way of cooking. Will add this is backed up with an induction hob with Tefal ingenio pans and fryers and a Remoska, all bases covered.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Like so many others we have tried so many variations and set ups. Ranging from Cobb, Cadac, electric grills, electric frying pans etc. The solution we are using at the moment, and the one which I think gives us best control of temperature and more importantly for us, ease of cleaning is a single induction ring with a flatbed griddle plate on top. The temperature control is great and once finished cooking and whilst still hot a wipe with kitchen roll normally suffices.

I still have flashbacks to cleaning that bloody Cadac, I hated that thing :D:D

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Ikea were selling single induction rings last time we were there.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have ordered the Morphy Richards 48898 Supreme Precision Skillet,.. it's a multi cooker, so this can be used for sautéing and pan frying as well as stews and paella type dishes.

https://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/pr...-cookers/48898-Supreme-Precision-Skillet.html

it gets good reviews, we will just have to wait and see how it performs.. will post when it's been bench tested.. :)

on ebay at £29.99 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Richards-48898-Supreme-Precision-Skillet/272829290509?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Most of my cooking is done outside on a Weber Q1200 gas barbie which also has a griddle plate which I use for fry ups and roast vegetables. .

The electric skillet will mainly be used in winter or when it's too miserable to cook outside..

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.. :)

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
£79.99 for a pan!

Oh My God... I have just had to go for a lie down...

JJ :cool:
... and get a new pair of glasses too ... it was £29.99 ... :rolleyes:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
... and get a new pair of glasses too ... it was £29.99 ... :rolleyes:

Oh dear...

Screenshot_20180810-131220_Chrome.jpg

Never mind hey?

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Have ordered the Morphy Richards 48898 Supreme Precision Skillet,.. it's a multi cooker, so this can be used for sautéing and pan frying as well as stews and paella type dishes.

https://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/pr...-cookers/48898-Supreme-Precision-Skillet.html

it gets good reviews, we will just have to wait and see how it performs.. will post when it's been bench tested.. :)

on ebay at £29.99 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Richards-48898-Supreme-Precision-Skillet/272829290509?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Most of my cooking is done outside on a Weber Q1200 gas barbie which also has a griddle plate which I use for fry ups and roast vegetables. .

The electric skillet will mainly be used in winter or when it's too miserable to cook outside..

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.. :)

Never too miserable to cook outside....your webers got a lid..., you have an awning, you have brolly and a cagoul (apologes for the speeellling)..... :D2(y)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I used YOUR link!

If I am given incorrect instructions... what can you expect?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back