Electric Ducato (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We all know they never achieve the quoted range, so fully loaded they aren’t going to get far before needing a recharge.
Battery development will have to drastically improve before they are suitable for camper vans and motorhomes.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I wonder what the range will be when it's hauling around the Highlands & Islands

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We all know they never achieve the quoted range, so fully loaded they aren’t going to get far before needing a recharge.
Battery development will have to drastically improve before they are suitable for camper vans and motorhomes.
Isn't that what the hookup cable for? Plenty of us have driven away with the cable still connected....How do I know this??? :mad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
10 to 17 cubic metres load capacity... In a Ducato. :LOL:
That may be the total cubic capacity but will be the total internal dimensions of the load and passenger area

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Isn't that what the hookup cable for? Plenty of us have driven away with the cable still connected....How do I know this??? :mad:
Ah... a business opertunity....any Funsters interested in coming into partnership with me to develope and produce a circa 300mile extendable EHU cable.😎😎😎😎😎😎

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ah... a business opertunity....any Funsters interested in coming into partnership with me to develope and produce a circa 300mile extendable EHU cable.😎😎😎😎😎😎
What about wireless charging like the IPhone charging system on each lamppost 🤓🤓🤓🤓?
save cable and the6 woukd stop dogs peeing against them as the microwaves woukd cook the dog 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
10 to 17 cubic metres load capacity... In a Ducato. :LOL:
That may be the total cubic capacity but will be the total internal dimensions of the load and passenger area
They specify the volume but I couldn't see any mention of weight. Reminds me of the chap who kept stopping and banging on the back of his 5cwt van to keep some of the 6 cwt of budgies in the air.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
What about wireless charging like the IPhone charging system on each lamppost 🤓🤓🤓🤓?
save cable and the6 woukd stop dogs peeing against them as the microwaves woukd cook the dog 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
See thats why i aint no business man... i have no vision.... However what a stonking idea you got.... I am in.. just show me where to sign PARRTTNERR. Loads o dosh.😎😎😎😎😎
PS my next business idea (before you came along) was a leccy hook up cable untangling service... However now I going with your brilliant idea I won't need that either...Happy Days.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
That’s it dig all the roads up fit linear motors in the ground that will also charge the batteries for the short journeys 👍 doddle of a job!
Oh and repair the existing pot holes while their at it 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
That’s it dig all the roads up fit linear motors in the ground that will also charge the batteries for the short journeys 👍 doddle of a job!
Oh and repair the existing pot holes while their at it 🤣🤣
Isn’t that they have done with Smart motorways, they are supposed to have cabling in the lanes 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😂😂 It would be like Scalelextric 🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back