Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We have a 2016 Bürstner Ixeo 680 with electric dropdown bed. This is the one with the lengthways bed that doesn't involve the lockers being lowered. It uses most 12v power when going up. It draws about 15 amps for about 15sec which works out to be less than 0.1 amp/hr. So anyone worrying about flattening their battery need no longer give it any further thought.
When we bought the van, secondhand, we were told that the supplying dealer had done work on the bed. The first two months it gave us a few problems, mainly either not stopping to lower or raise the head end and/or stopping at different heights at the lowest level. Having at built-in distrust of dealers, I started to investigate the beds installation and also to look at the dealers workmanship. I found that the topend stop bracket (this bracket activates the topend limit switch) was bent and as a consequence it wouldn't fit in its correct position so 'someone' had re-drilled the mounting hole and then fitted the bracket upsidedown. This 'modification' allowed the bed to rise higher that designed. I reshaped the bracket and reinstated it in its correct position. I then did a reset on the control panel and the bed now behaves itself. I does occasionally forget to lower or raise the head end but a reset on the control panel will sort that out.
These types of dropdown bed make very good use of the available space within this van, giving alot of daytime living space for van length.
We have the same bed (it734) interested in the reset procedure please
TIA

Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Buy a Chausson and a set of tools you want to be a handy man,
What a pathetic assembly
On a £ 60 K plus 2017 motorhome.
It seems that m/h construction in general has gone downhill in recent years. It's not just one manufacturer. I've seen similar stories from owners of many different vehicles. Perhaps with the massive increase in motorhome ownership, they are churning them out too quickly, with a consequent drop in quality.
I have recently sold my 2002 Chausson which I had owned for 12 of its 16 years. Nothing ever went wrong with any of the fixtures or appliances.
I'm now apprehensive of what I'll be letting myself in for when I buy a replacement. I'm hoping for something around 4 years old.

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
We have the same bed (it734) interested in the reset procedure please
TIA
On our control panel, just to the right of the up button, there are two lights and a small hole. The lights have, one a triangle with an exclamation mark, next a spanner, and finally the hole has test written by it. Lower the bed a few centimetres down from the upper position and then stick a cocktail stick in the hole. The two lights next to the test hole will then light up briefly. Reset done. If the head end does not lower when you rise the bed in the morning then take the bed up as high as it will go without the head end touching the roof. Next do a reset, as described, then lower the bed until it stops at the normal point that head should have lowered, wait a second or two, then press the up button. The head should now lower and thereafter you can raise the bed to the normal day position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
It seems that m/h construction in general has gone downhill in recent years. It's not just one manufacturer. I've seen similar stories from owners of many different vehicles. Perhaps with the massive increase in motorhome ownership, they are churning them out too quickly, with a consequent drop in quality.
I have recently sold my 2002 Chausson which I had owned for 12 of its 16 years. Nothing ever went wrong with any of the fixtures or appliances.
I'm now apprehensive of what I'll be letting myself in for when I buy a replacement. I'm hoping for something around 4 years old.

Well, we are more than happy with our 14 plate Chausson so MHs of that vintage are not all bad.

framsay

Free Member
Jul 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
burstner iexo 590
We’ve had our Burstner Ixeo Time Sovereign it590 for two and a half years, and the electric drop-down bed has been great! Very comfortable, and just press a button to lower it to your preferred height.
We took it to a rally with no EHU when we only had one leisure battery and no solar panel, and had no problems lowering/raising the bed. Since then we’ve added another battery and a solar panel, and have done longer trips without EHU - including a 10 day trip stopping at 3 locations - and the bed has always been fine. The motor sounds slightly quicker on EHU but that’s about it. There’s a manual handle in case of any problems, but it’s just sat in the drawer so far.
Having the drop-down bed means we have a large seating area in a 6m van, which was a priority for us.
Hi there I have recently gotten this van too however my bed is stuck in the middle and seems to have no power, if you are still on here can you help me locate the manual wrench to put it up again please? Thanks

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 20.46.05.png

Hi, the attached is from the user manual of the IT 590, the crank handle referred in this screenshot Fig 112.1 could be located anywhere within the van, we keep ours in the draw underneath the fridge. Good Luck.

framsay

Free Member
Jul 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
burstner iexo 590
View attachment 520141

Hi, the attached is from the user manual of the IT 590, the crank handle referred in this screenshot Fig 112.1 could be located anywhere within the van, we keep ours in the draw underneath the fridge. Good Luck.
Thanks is it similar to the Franck for the roll out awning?

Deleted User
Electric drop down beds seemed to be the future in motorhomes about three years ago but the forums started to become littered with complaints from new motorhome owners about their beds not lowering due to various problems (not only due to battery power) and people having to sleep on the floor and shortly after Swift and others started promoting their new manual wind down beds so it makes you wonder.
i tried to avoid buying a van with an electric drop down but theyre on everything now it seems, waste of payload for me on a bed i wont need and is bound to have some issue in the future, but still have (bought one)! still its somewhere to store my guitars i guess..

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
i tried to avoid buying a van with an electric drop down but theyre on everything now it seems, waste of payload for me on a bed i wont need and is bound to have some issue in the future, but still have (bought one)! still its somewhere to store my guitars i guess..
I wouldn't sleep anywhere else. We have a rear island bed but I consider a 4' 6" bed to be a single and it's only 6' long. My wife has customised it to suit her problem back pain and I, as always, use the front drop-down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back