Electric Drop down bed (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are newbies in a 2019 Adria 590 ST. Would be most grateful if anybody could explain how to move the bed up and down should the electrics pack up... Can't find any instructions in the handbook.. Many thanks..

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Electric beds usually have a manual cranking handle should the electrics fail.

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Many thanks. Any idea where the cranking handle lives and what it fits on to? It's not obvious to me.

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Christmas over and had another look but still can't find how to do it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Christmas over and had another look but still can't find how to do it..
Have you found the motor..
If you look under the mattress into the bed you should see it.. As said the winder will be a socket in the end of the motor shaft ..square or hexagonal most likely..
The motor will be accessible through a removable panel most likely and you wouldn't have to remove the mattress to get to it normally... But you will have to locate it first so you know where to look..
Andy.

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cheers Andy, I did have a look under the Mattress and all I can recall seeing was the wooden slats and the wiring going to 4 lights underneath the bed. Will definately have another look.. Many thanks..

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Cheers Andy, I did have a look under the Mattress and all I can recall seeing was the wooden slats and the wiring going to 4 lights underneath the bed. Will definately have another look.. Many thanks..

A picture or two to possibly help.. My bed motor is behind a panel on the cntr front of the bed and accessed through a panel with two built in lights.. Im told some motors are accessed at the side of the bed..

IMG_20191228_185750.jpg

With the panel removed the hexagon socket is where the winder has to go.
IMG_20191228_191357_773.jpg

And this is what I would use if I ever had to wind it manualy
IMG_20191228_190049.jpg

Andy

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Our project 2000 electric bed has the crank hole on the side of the bed right next to the lounge window wall. Tried a dummy run. You have to feel to align up the hole and crank, can’t see a thing.
reckon it would be time to wake up by the time I had wound it down.:xrofl:

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
We had a Comprensive 2 hr handover but not dealt with. Too much info to a technophobe like me. Will have another look tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice. Will report back..

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had another look and still baffled.. Perhaps it is just staring me in the face. Presumably the motor is inside the square box at the foreground of the photo attached.

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had another look but still baffled...perhaps it is staring at me in the face. Presumably the motor is in the box at the foreground of the photo attached?

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had another look but still baffled...perhaps it is staring at me in the face. Presumably the motor is in the box at the foreground of the photo attached?

Attachments

• 20191229_113930.jpg
    20191229_113930.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 192

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Nothing like that on my drop down bed..that looks like a series of linkages and struts... Mine bed is suspended by belts .. The motor drives a shaft that the belts are attached to to lower and raise the bed..
Andy..

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our Pilote, with an electric drop down bed, had no way of manually getting it up or down. When it got stuck, we were fcuked. We sold it in part exchange when it was still stuck.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
if anybody could explain how to move the bed

I think a more important question is..................

How to move it down when a bit of lightning sets it off in the night and there you are squashed between the roof and the bed.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our Burstner has the project 2000 bed. I have their own instruction manual and the huge Burstner instruction manual that comes with the van.
Both manuals show you how to lower or raise the bed manually with photos of where to insert the crank handle.
The handle itself was in a plastic bag in a drawer.
I would have thought you will find all the info you need in the instruction manual.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Sticky Biscuit - if you need specific info. about this for your make & model & no owners on here to advise then maybe message Adria through their Facebook page as we have always found them to be responsive & helpful that way previously or your Adria dealer as even if they don't know they should be able to find out.
Hopefully it's not a Project 2000 electric bed as in recent years they had a reputation for getting stuck & lots of posts on here about how to reset them. Using the tiny allen key provided for these is very fiddly & time consuming so many do carry better options. If it is then maybe by now they have overcome the problems experienced previously.

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you for all your advice which is most welcome. There is nothing in the Adria instruction booklet. I don't think it's a Project 2000 bed as it's not a word that I have seen in any of the literature.. I think I will try the Adria Facebook suggestion.. Watch this space@!

:xwink:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Thank you for all your advice which is most welcome. There is nothing in the Adria instruction booklet. I don't think it's a Project 2000 bed as it's not a word that I have seen in any of the literature.. I think I will try the Adria Facebook suggestion.. Watch this space@!

:xwink:
If you find owt out come back and tell us as I’ve just bought an Adria and your info could come in handy in the future?

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Will do. I have emailed the dealer and await their reply. I have a suspicion that there is no manual method but am keen to know one way or the other

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have now checked with the dealer who subsequently asked Adria and apparently there is no manual override for the dropdown bed. So fingers crossed it does not get stuck...!!!

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I have now checked with the dealer who subsequently asked Adria and apparently there is no manual override for the dropdown bed. So fingers crossed it does not get stuck...!!!
Just scrolling through here so a bit late to the party. As the bed does not encroach the cab area you will always be able to drive for help. So not perfect but better than being stuck stuck.

CJK

Jul 2, 2022
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2009
Have come to this feed very late. We have the same year Adria and asked the same questions. No crank, no easy manual operation (as we were assured on purchase) however it is possible to access the motor on the off side of the vehicle and make the bed move. Difficult but not impossible.

Nov 18, 2013
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a Hymer T678CL with an electric drop down bed. I didn’t think to ask to see it working when I picked it up back in February. Once home I couldn’t get it working. No manual override. Hymer said to contact Travelworld. I did and they never came back to me despite me chasing them. After hours of looking around the van and net surfing I followed a sequence of button pushing suggested on a forum, it might have been from here, and it started working. I think from memory it was as simple as holding one of the buttons down for a extended time. I know I should have made a note of what I did but I was trying everything at the time 🙄

OP
OP
Sticky Biscuit
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
I started this thread some time ago and yes it did stop working and it took most of Lockdown to get the spares and to get it fixed under Warranty. In mending, it they also incorporated a 'Recall' which changed the design/shape of the metal arms that lower/raise the bed. It is a 2019 Adria MatrixST. Although now it is working, the bed is v practical and comfortable, I don't think I would have bought the MH if I knew at the time that it did not have a manual alternative to operate the bed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back