Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I guess most of your vehicles are fitted with thermostatically switched electric cooling fans on the Radiator.

Mine had a B++++y great fan driven by the engine at all times.

I was thinking of fitting an electric, the main reason being that the Existing fan saps horsepower:ROFLMAO:, (as if that's a problem) , but in doing so, affects MPG which is my main concern I am addressing.

There appears to be only one main supplier in the market

ie Link Removed

Anyone recommend if this is the best one to go for?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Once again used in Motor sport expensive for what they are and I suspect it would take about 15 years to recoup the cost V fuel saved
get a fan from the scrappy and make your own mounts, but to do it properly you are going to need to know the volume of air moved by the existing fan and match it up or you Will still overheat eventually, also bear in mind your fan, if fixed is permanently blowing, so you may need a bigger unit to do the same thing in short bursts:Sad:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Geo,

I am not so sure about the recouped cost as this is a B++++y great fan with quite a pitch on it.Reckon it would take a lot less miles and time to recoup.

I could go to the scrappy, but the way they are now, they will sell 1 maybe 2 fans but charge the earth for them and I'd have no idea how reliable they'd be.

Plus there's the thermostatic switch and relay to find and then fit somehow.

I'd like the one that has a variable controller to get the running temp right.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Then I think you would be looking at twin fans mate ££££££££££££££££££££££££300 poss more with professional mounting kit:cry:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Then I think you would be looking at twin fans mate ££££££££££££££££££££££££300 poss more with professional mounting kit:cry:

Yep...I thought as much.:RollEyes:

I'd have to get a mount fabricated or use a "universal" one and look at the electrical load.:whatthe:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
By the time hes worked out the time the small fans will need to run to cope, and the extra load the alternator is going to add to his MPG divided by 3 to 4 000 miles per year= 22 year payback, plus extra cost of lead treatment adding to cost of MPG he will buy Dazzers and save a fortune:ROFLMAO:or buy my Coachmen and save even MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
By the time hes worked out the time the small fans will need to run to cope, and the extra load the alternator is going to add to his MPG divided by 3 to 4 000 miles per year= 22 year payback, plus extra cost of lead treatment adding to cost of MPG he will buy Dazzers and save a fortune:ROFLMAO:or buy my Coachmen and save even MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Cheers Geo..That's REALLY cheered me up.:Doh:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I could go to the scrappy, but the way they are now, they will sell 1 maybe 2 fans but charge the earth for them and I'd have no idea how reliable they'd be.
Living in the wrong area if your scrappies work like that!

One in my locality that has been in business for years now would sell something like that for a fiver. Any electrical or mechanical part he sells, if it doesn't work he either exchanges it or refunds your money.

His prices are so damn good that during my earlier years of fiddling with cars i made a nice little side business in trading Mini bits. 1275GT driveshafts were the best 'earners'. The identical shafts were also used on the Cooper 'S' so i always advertised them as that...not 1275GT. My net profit on every pair i sold was £80-100

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back