Electric Cars to be used as mini power stations? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Interesting idea.

The people quoted in the article are far more qualified than any of us to comment on the feasibility so if they say it’s a goer then that’s enough for me (y)

Cue the ostriches...............:rolleyes::whistle:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've been advocating this for ages makes perfect sense if its feasable they could also offer drivers money to not use their cars on peak demand mornings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, another generator thread. Where are my cheesy nibbles, 'cos I am sick of popcorn.

cheesy nibbles.jpg
cheesy nibbles.jpg
cheesy nibbles.jpg
cheesy nibbles.jpg
cheesy nibbles.jpg
cheesy nibbles.jpg

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Interesting idea.

The people quoted in the article are far more qualified than any of us to comment on the feasibility so if they say it’s a goer then that’s enough for me (y)

Cue the ostriches...............:rolleyes::whistle:
How did you manage to pass the pub without popping in? :winky:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
what hapens if sum old lady put's her electric fire on all night you get up in the morning battery flat.:rofl::rofl:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Can see a couple of flaws in the scenario, most of the "targeted" customers for this new technology are those in the "Mortgage + 2.4kids" range, car comes back from work fully charged (during a peak daytime period?), is plugged in and starts draining back to the grid, Mrs 2.4, has decided that the Tesco (other Supermarkets are available!!) shop needs done, after all they are now often 24/7 opening. Ergo now depleted vehicle is fired up and goes to Tesco. Loaded with shopping, kids et al said vehicle is now so depleted the journey back is no longer possible without a charge?.

Same happens, little Johnny has Scouts, little Miss has a dance class. And then Mum and Dad go for an evening out?. Ooop`s.?.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yeah right, that'll go down well......

Ring Ring....Hello, oh hello, Griff here, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it in to work today as the sun didn't shine and there is no wind at all......okay!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
AA and RAC will be busy jump starting all those flat batteries

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Few cars can store as much as 40kWh. Most can only store half of that (£3 worth) and the owners will want it left in the battery for transport. Batteries only hold a modest amount of power.
They could be used to smooth out local surges, replacing what was removed shortly afterwards, but the extra cycles might induce premature failure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back