Electric bed won't go back up :-( (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
The electric bed is stuck in the down position and when I press the buttons nothing happens. It did move very slightly, but we're talking millimeters not inches, so I don't reckon it is the fuse.

I am going to book it in at our friendly motorhome repair man, but just wondered if anyone knew of a way to manually raise the bed in the meantime.

It is an Ixeo Plus 724IT and the bed in question is the one above the lounge. The back island bed is working fine (thankfully).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cant help much except to say over on the Facebook Burstner group there seems a lot of issues with these beds :(
One recomendation was that if you are not on EHU, start engine to help battery level and when pressing button give the bed a bit of support to help start it going up. Guess that would only apply if its a power issue.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I think you can manually put the bed up using a drill with a socket insert .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Try pressing the down button again then the up button. if that fails you can undo the bolts at side and push up manually but will need someone to hold bed while do bolts back up. Should be in manual showing how. (y)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Itā€™s worth checking the fuses, as possibly the fuse blew after it moved a few cmā€™s.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Friends have a chauson and had loads of problems with their bed. You should have a handle so you can manually put it up, his used to go out of sink and jam, in the end he removed all the sensor switches and its given no problems since, šŸ˜‰ you just have be careful on how far it goes up and down, or it blows the fuse. šŸ˜ Bob.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it is a Project 2000 bed then here is the reset many have used & sought out from the manufacturer by Spidey some years ago:
Enter in programming mode after having switched on the panel. To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds. The green LED light with the symbol of the key switches on. If it doesnā€™t, repeat the operation.
Put underneath the bed some supports able to hold the bed in the lowest position.
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again. Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points). Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN. The LED on the arrows will switch off and on again. Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.

If you don't have the manual winding handle then an allen key may fit.
Hope you get it sorted.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
If it works the same as a Chausson then try the following -

On the control panel to the right of the lights, there is a small hole which is a reset. Press a pencil point firmly into that reset hole. Then, in between the up and down buttons, feel for a little raised bit. Press the raised bit and the up button at the same time and count to 7. Release and then press the up button only and hopefully the bed will work. If not, try and press the raised bit and the the down button together after the reset instead of the up button . Worth a try.

just as an aside, is the bed key turned on if there is one?
Are you on EHU? If not, the battery might be a bit flat to raise the bed. If so, start the engine and try again.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I donā€™t bother to program my electric bed. I simply keep my finger on the up or down button until the bed is where I want it. Since Iā€™ve stopped programming it, I have very few problems and my reset as the above post always clears it. I only tend to get an issue if I try to raise the bed too far up.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Hi All,

Figured it out. It was a loose wire on the hand control unit. These wires seem so thin these days they break with a little wear and tear. Bring back those good old chunky red, green and blue wires we used to have back in the day.

With my glasses on I managed to connect these two bits and using amazing dexterity (much to my amazement) I also managed to press the up and down buttons at the same time and get the bed all the way up.

I don't have a clue where to go to get the wires fixed, but hey, the beds up, and it will be a while before the moho gets used again so I have plenty of time to sort it.

Thanks to everyone for their input. You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back