Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Mine fit under the 2 cab seats would these be fit for that??

Ours are in the garage, we haven't had any spills and we don't get smells. Unless you have a Sterling battery to battery charger, charging at 14.4V from your alternator means gassing is minimal anyway.

I would say they would be OK.

You're not worried about your heater packing up at Val Tho are you?!::bigsmile:

By the way, there's a lot of lead in them and they are HEAVY! Fantastic for your tag-axle beast, it will help with the traction of your front wheel drive!!!!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah I am a bit I've got 3 year old Gel batts but they're not holding a charge like they did and I've been leaving the heating on 24hrs to check everything out and the batts seem to be a weak link. Trouble is at VT its gonna be a hell of a lot colder and I think my batts will struggle.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We test ran our Webasto for 4 days straight at 30 degrees C in the van, ambient 5 degrees!

Hopefully it will be realistic test for holding the van at 15 degrees at VT.

The Dynos are OK for discharge down to 20%. This is a no load voltage of 11.66V. They like to go deep! Ours are 3 1/2 years old and have showed no drop in performance in that time........:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks I might order a pair if they fit:thumb:
Give me a shout if you do go ahead with them please Rory, as at 6 years now, I don't think our 3 x 100 amp Elecsols will last much longer, and I'd be interested to know how you get on with your replacements.
Although happy with Elecsols in the past, I might look at traction batteries instead.

Cheers,

Jock.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
No luck I'm afraid they're to high to fit in the box.
Just ordered 2 Banner 110AH batts from Roadpro and a Ctek charger.
Be delivered tomorrow had a long chat with a guy called Tom very helpfull and seemed very knowledgable. Just checked my Gel batts again and I think they're 5 years old so probably done ok.

See how I get on tomorrow:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Jim, I'm going to save that to my MH files. This guy obviously knows what he is talking about.

My Boat batteries are twin 110 ah. I don't have a third smaller battery for engine cranking.
f.
:thumb:

I fitted 6 leisure batteries to my boat five years ago and they are still going strong.! Fingers crossed.

They are the standard ones we stock for vans. Plus a standard car battery for the gennie

4 for engine starting (2 for each engine 24v) and the other two for leisure.

Peter

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I fitted 6 leisure batteries to my boat five years ago and they are still going strong.! Fingers crossed.

They are the standard ones we stock for vans. Plus a standard car battery for the gennie

4 for engine starting (2 for each engine 24v) and the other two for leisure.

Peter

Peter

Lady K never goes anywhere:ROFLMAO:

Eddie:winky:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
No luck I'm afraid they're to high to fit in the box.
Just ordered 2 Banner 110AH batts from Roadpro and a Ctek charger.
Be delivered tomorrow had a long chat with a guy called Tom very helpfull and seemed very knowledgable. Just checked my Gel batts again and I think they're 5 years old so probably done ok.

See how I get on tomorrow:thumb:

Banner get good reviews. In MMM magazine, in a test of leisure batteries, its was only Banner and Varta batteries which actually performed to their stated Ah rating.:Smile:

We use Banner starter batteries as replacements on our gas Forklift hire fleet and they seem OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back