Eldiss, Whale heater water ingress. (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New to it
2017 115 Elddis , heating and boiler failed. In for repair and sent a video of water pouring out of underslung heating unit.
Dealer says unit U/S not covered under warranty, claim as must have been flooded.
Suggests claim under insurance.
Van has been in our sole possession since purchase (September 2019) and is parked on our drive and categorically not been flooded.
Have done some research and found other cases of flooded heaters, and warranty denied. On close examination it appears that if the van is parked in a certain position (on a slope as ours is) there is a siliconed joint between the panels which acts as a channel for water to access the inlet/exhaust of the heating, flooding the unit.
The dealer has referred the complaint to Eldiss as I have, but as yet have had no response.
I am unsure as how to proceed. It appears to me to be a design fault, however it is our word against theirs as to flooding.
We are new to this game, Has anybody experience of a similar problem? and how to address it?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You can always show that your property is not in a flood plain area and has not been subject to flooding. I would insist on a warranty repair, replacement. The dealer has nothing to lose anyway.
Since you have only had the van a couple of months I would also chase the dealer for them to replace etc, the van is less than 3 months since you bought it.
I also thought wale parts were under a 3 year warranty also.

OP
OP
D
Nov 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
New to it
Thanks for that, I am going to treat is as a warranty issue. You say that the dealer has "nothing to lose". How do you justify that? Just getting all my Ammo in place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If its still under eldiss warranty it won't cost the dealer anything, they may even get paid to remove it and put a new one in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back