Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We looked at an eldiss majestic 140 today seems exactly want we want except for storage space, we full time with all the usual paraphernalia and more.
Amy comments about the model and perhaps suggestions about adding storage space, don't think we can add beanie boxes as there is no skirt, it has no outside lockers and it's low profile.
we are having a cycle rack fitted though.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
put a towbar on and buy a box trailer

simples

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
don't want to tow anything, want to keep it all onboard as we plan to use aires a lot and sometimes trailers not allowed, also the safety aspect, pay more on ferries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
how about a back box? mount the cycle carrier above

fitting extra storage is pretty limited, especially with no outside lockers and no option of fitting beanie boxes/drawers. all thats left is finding space inside for plastic boxes or similar. pretty awkward in a low profile as you lose the huge overcab area many use

will be interested to hear how you solve the problem

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Our previous van was an Eldiss. I liked our Eldiss, it was a really good holiday van, short break van for us, but I personally would not want to full time in an Eldiss;

Why you may ask...?

Lack of winterisation, even in warm climes it can get very cold at night in winter,

Lack of storage space, Poor capacities for water, waste, gas, batteries etc etc......

Limited potential to really fix or modify these issues.

Just my ickle thoughts......

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Trish-n-tez,
We have had the Elddis 180 from new and love the van. But we have to agree with theBig1 and callumwa regarding full-timing in something similar.

There is only the two of us in a 6 berth van and it's ample to a point because we have the huge overcab space to store things like the satellite, the tv, levelling ramps and bulky duvet and ladders:RollEyes:

The small fresh and waste tanks can be annoying even when backed up by the Aquaroll. We keep the rear lounge as a fixed bed, as it's just us, however, we are now looking at another van because our warranties are coming to an end. Also, now having had the van for almost 3 years we feel we would like a change of layout, ie separate shower, bigger fridge, bigger tanks and external storage.

We use ours all the year round and never felt cold during the night when we were away from December to March in the van, however, we don't fulltime. We've never have any problems with things freezing up,
however, if you were going to much colder climes abroad, then you might have problems, with the underslung tanks.

Good luck with your search, feel free to PM us if you've any questions:thumb:
Bill & Margaret

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The tanks are now much bigger 90litres cold and 75 litres waste, they are still underslung but are now with heated tanks . and well insulated, we have a overhead cab now and it's been invaluable but wanted lowest profile for the height on the tolls
Shame about the no lockers to store stuff, only gas and electric accessible from outside.
It also has the new SOLID as it's called, 10 year warranty from water ingress with the shell being bonded and not screwed together.
Ah shuggy but does it have the rear lounge we like?

Last edited:

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
no

no .it has fixed bed with loads space big kitchen area solid ali body 100 ltr water tank 90 ltr waste water 6 speed box air con and me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
how about a back box? mount the cycle carrrier on top?

I have enquired about that to a firm that fits cycle bars on tow bars and they said that the weight of the combined box, cycles and contents would be too much for the tow bar as they have reports of a customer who broke 2 tow bars doing exactly that, imagine if that happened on a motorhome not only damage to the van itself but if it fell of on the road, doesn't bear thinking about.
But thanks for the suggestion.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back