Eldiss 180 2005 ref cassette toilet (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi We have a 180 6 berth and was wondering how to protect the separate Thetford toilet cistern (ie has its own reservoir not from the main tank. Is there any way of draining this type of cistern. Book suggests putting antifree in the tank (non Toxic Glycol type) is this the same type has used in the car.
Also is the boiler simply drained down from the waste water tap or does it have it's dedicated drain outlet

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On my thetford cw200e there is a small rubber bung at the bottom of the tank accessed via the cassette compartment.
It is just above and left of the cassette.
Just drained mine this morning.

Your boiler will have a seperate drain point.
It will probably be a yellow lever which you lift vertically, open all taps and it should empty the boiler.
It may have an auto dump valve instead which looks similar but opens automatically when the temp falls below around 5°c
The lever will be very close to the boiler and will also drain you fresh water tank.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi We have a 180 6 berth and was wondering how to protect the separate Thetford toilet cistern (ie has its own reservoir not from the main tank. Is there any way of draining this type of cistern. Book suggests putting antifree in the tank (non Toxic Glycol type) is this the same type has used in the car.
Also is the boiler simply drained down from the waste water tap or does it have it's dedicated drain outlet
I assume you are referring to the Warning Page 41 of the Broken Link Removed. That, I think, refers to treatment for when you are using the van (though we never added anything to the tank in our 2004 Autoquest 100 for winter use).

Above and to the left is an instruction to refer to the cassette toilet instruction manual which you should also have. In that manual you will find the following paragraphs:
upload_2015-11-22_15-3-45.png

If you haven't got the Thetford manual, send me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you a PDF copy as an attachment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi Thanks
to the Funsters replies, I can rest a bit easier knowing that i have got the water out of the appliances
cheers Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back