Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We went to the N.E.C to look at layouts and OH preffered the Elddis by far against the Autotrails and the 255 won over against the 155 with its separate shower.

We stumbled across a dealer doing a dealer special with loads of useful extras, most of which we would have ended up paying to fit and it was priced lower than the standard moho on the Elddis stand so having offered us a good p/x we couldn't resist.

Both very excited and can't wait for April.

Thank you, for all your feedback which helped me to make the short list. Typical that I now log on to find a damp thread but these things do happen and still nothing compared with all the Autotrail damp threads.

So finger crossed and can't wait, Thank you, all again.

Paul & Jane

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hope you have lots of fun in it. Don’t worry about the damp threads,they can all get it.

Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Hi Paul & Jane,
was that Vehicles4Leisure per chance?

We were so close to signing up with them at the show, the deal seemed so good to be true with a good trade in on our old van, but it was a show only deal and we generally like to ponder any spend over £1K for a day or two before committing.

Hope all goes well for you.

Mark

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
It was Vehicles for leisure, we actually went and looked on Wednesday and came away feeling that the 255 was the vehicle for us at some time in the future when a used one comes available but having looked on Marquis website and seen the same vehicle with all the extras on special offer at N.E.C for £4.5K more then looked at used ones and there was an 18 month one for same money more or less as we would not have got as good p/x.

I rang number on brochure and spoke to boss who was very helpful and not pushy and offered us a good px on ours and when I said we were planning to come back on Sunday but were concerned about the build date getting later as they sold more he offered to reserve a build date if I paid a deposit but he would refund it if we came on Sunday and changed our mind.

I really felt he could not have been fairer. I did ask during conversation if the pricing was just for the show and he said that the price would go a bit as on road cost of £1350 was covered by Elddis at the show and Black Horse were doing discounted rates only at the show.

Most of his reviews are good and we have a local approved Elddis repairer so hopefully we have covered all bases.

We are a fair way off in Milton Keynes but his hand out says you are put up on their campsite FOC on the day of hand over so you can try out the vehicle before heading home and any problems in the first month they ask you to bring it back to them and the will reimburse your fuel and put you up in their campsite again.

Would not normally buy from a dealer so far away but having a repair centre who seem very helpful and happy to do any warranty work and an impressive option list clinched it for me plus IMHO the elddis seems the nicest UK van inside under £50K

Hi Paul & Jane,
was that Vehicles4Leisure per chance?

We were so close to signing up with them at the show, the deal seemed so good to be true with a good trade in on our old van, but it was a show only deal and we generally like to ponder any spend over £1K for a day or two before committing.

Hope all goes well for you.

Mark

Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
we looked at the exact same model with the same people, I would love to know how it goes both positive and negative if your able?

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We bought our Accordo prestige 105 from them at the show new in 2014. One of the young lads collared us on the Elddis stand and showed us their dealer specials with about 2k worth of extras for less money. Was a no brainer and we left a deposit. Then on the way home they rang and said the delivery date given to us is wrong, it will be 2 months later and did we want free tow bar as an apology? We had no use for a towbar so asked for, and got a Gaslow LPG kit fitted. :D

They're alright if anything goes wrong, Chrissy in the service department is helpful. We've had a new Whale water heater after 6 months (arranged to be fitted at home) and new Fridge plant fitted at their workshop.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Vehicles 4 leisure have been doing ‘Specials’ for years I had an Autoquest 120 ‘prestige’ from them in 2010, basic Auto quest with Roll out side Awning, different trim, rear cycle carrier (which I didn’t want so they gave me an awning instead) chrome wheel trims, outside access locker door and several other useful bits all for the price of a standard Autoquest, best deal I could find around at the time, I don’t know who does their servicing now but I the time I found I took it back to them for its first service and had to leave it with them overnight only to find they had a mobile caravan service guy come on site to do the service for which they charged me a extra £60 on top of his fee, next time I contacted the guy direct and he came to my house!!

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
we looked at the exact same model with the same people, I would love to know how it goes both positive and negative if your able?

Mark

Will keep you posted on the Elddis page on Fun.

The one thing that really swung it for me buying from a company so far away was Elddis have a network of approved repair centres who only service but don’t sell new vehicle so are not going to have the hump you have not bought from them.

You are normally at the mercy of your local dealer otherwise or need to do some long trips.

I spoke to our local repair centre before paying deposit and they seem really helpful and knowledgeable with great reviews.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
We bought our Accordo prestige 105 from them at the show new in 2014. One of the young lads collared us on the Elddis stand and showed us their dealer specials with about 2k worth of extras for less money. Was a no brainer and we left a deposit. Then on the way home they rang and said the delivery date given to us is wrong, it will be 2 months later and did we want free tow bar as an apology? We had no use for a towbar so asked for, and got a Gaslow LPG kit fitted. :D

They're alright if anything goes wrong, Chrissy in the service department is helpful. We've had a new Whale water heater after 6 months (arranged to be fitted at home) and new Fridge plant fitted at their workshop.

They seem a nice family run company. I think Chrissy is the bosses daughter. Nice to see the boss and his son give their mobile numbers on the literature (that provides a little extra comfort.

You never do know they can all make the effort when selling if they want to but first impressions good

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Vehicles 4 leisure have been doing ‘Specials’ for years I had an Autoquest 120 ‘prestige’ from them in 2010, basic Auto quest with Roll out side Awning, different trim, rear cycle carrier (which I didn’t want so they gave me an awning instead) chrome wheel trims, outside access locker door and several other useful bits all for the price of a standard Autoquest, best deal I could find around at the time, I don’t know who does their servicing now but I the time I found I took it back to them for its first service and had to leave it with them overnight only to find they had a mobile caravan service guy come on site to do the service for which they charged me a extra £60 on top of his fee, next time I contacted the guy direct and he came to my house!!

Good to hear past experiences from this company.

I think their specials have gone from strength to strength. About £1k cheaper than standard Elddis with addition of:

100 watt solar panel
Mirror protectors
Bike rack
Aerial
Thatchem 1 alarm
Roll out awning
Alloy wheels

With exception of alloy wheels which are a nice addition but I would not have paid extra for them, the solar panel would have been ordered with vehicle at extra cost plus alarm which I found out my insurers require on any vehicle over £45k and the rest I would have added as Funds permitted.

So with a generous p/x it made it a no brainier compared to a used vehicle.

Apparently they sold 40 new motorhomes!!!!!

Fingers crossed all goes well and will keep you posted just got to wait for April.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Our first van was an Elddis and we had no problems with it and no damp when we sold it at 7 years old.

Enjoy your new toy

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
We bought ours from V4L. I was trawling through the network as one does, when we come across V4L. The 175 was greatly reduced as it was 2014 stock and they were wanting space for 2015 stock. 6K off the original price, and they had two left. We arranged to visit from Northamptonshire, a 4hour drive. They had sold one when we arrived so her indoors sat inside and said, I don’t know, it is still rather expensive, and he have never been camping in our lives before. But it was too much of a good deal, and the bed could be made up either as singles or a big double. The singles swung it for me as her indoors is up and down toodlelooing.

Hey PanJ your just down the road to me at MK.

Awning
Crouse control
Bike rack
Special V4L mats
Climate control
Gold front paint job
And various other smaller items.

Van has been looked after by Marquise at Northampton, habitation check by Missions Impossible, which covers MK.

Van now coming up to 3 years so MOT is next Friday at Marquise.

Oh yes, we love the van, her indoors is particular about comfy beds, after the first night away she was well pleased.

If anyone wants to take a peek, pm me for details, yup, I am that happy.

Flook

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Hi @Flook

You must be quite near White Arches where we bought our current motorhome.

Really like your coloured cab, sadly we have just a plain white one but otherwise they did a great job with the extras.

I think it was the coloured cab that drew me to the Autotrails but her indoors was not so impressed with the layouts and the Elddis ended up being so much better value.

Wow 6k off, still a lot of money but a very good deal. I am glad it worked out for you as your first motorhome lots seem to struggle. We have only had ours 18 months but we got the best we could afford at the time.

So what sort of job did V4L do checking it over before you collected it, were there any faults that should have been picked up before you collected it?

We store ours at a CASSOA site outside Towcester so we have spoken to Central leisure who are about 25 mins from storage and an authorised Elddis repairer and seem very helpful and happy to do any warranty work.

Really good to here from someone local.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Remembered extras

Tracker Thatcham cat7
Alarm/immobiliser Thatcham cat1

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Central Leisure carried out our first service, but could not sort out external lighting issues even speaking to Elddis. Marquise and the local Peugeot dealer sorted that out. That is one reason I go to Marquise, another is they are 15 mins drive from me, where CL is 40 mins drive.
Yes White Arches are not too far away, and we use them to buy ramps etc from their spare’s shop.
I park the MH on my drive with no issues, cannot afford to park MH anywhere else. This also means I can have the MH on hookup, and have the battery on trickel charge without having to lug it out and back again.
V4L were helpful when the leisure battery went flat, I went to White Arches bought another and they reimbursed me. I had other smaller issues with the van which with their permission sorted out my self.

I was going to suggest you went by train from MK Central, only takes two hours, but, you have a swop to make. So I do not envy your four hour drive there. I am sure however, you will enjoy your four hour drive back. However, I am sure it may well possible we could meet up sometime, possibly at Jack Hills cafe on the A5 outside Towcester.

Flook

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Sounds good, I have frequented Jack hills cafe on numerous occasions so would be good to meet up. Never tried PM but probably the way to organise.

Good to hear Marquis were helpful even though you did not buy from them, they have fairly mixed reputation but must sell a high volume of vehicles nationwide. My local van hire company says there is a good Peugeot dealer for vans in Corby, they take theirs from MK rather than go to Perry’s in MK. Apart from anything you wouldn’t even get a motorhome in their car park.

Ours will fit on drive but a bit tight so while still working it is okay and I fitted a solar panel in the spring which really does the trick and charges both batteries a treat.

Ours will come with a solar panel which is a must and since fitting has meant we are not so dependant on hook up.

Do you get out in yours much, where do you like to go?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We came very close to buying a 275 last year as our first motorhome. That said, we came close to buying lots of different MoHo's (as you do) but the Elddis looked particularity good value for money.

The dealer had various 285/275s and 255's left in his yard at the end of season and he subsequently reduced them from £48,500 to just over 42 (fully loaded).

We didn't purchase one in the end but IMO there's no denying that you get a very reasonable van for the money.

All the best,

Andrew

MajesticSimon'185

Free Member
Mar 4, 2018
Funster No
Hi guys, sorry to jump on your post. We live in kettering and also have a majestic 185 from marquis northampton. I used BL caravans at Weldon for 1st habitation check as marquis wanted £200 or more. Generally happy with van after 18 months.
Done some extra DIY insulation inside, silicon around a wheel arch is starting to lift and a transfer is just starting to lift slightly aswell.
I prefer just to sort minor issues myself as i find Marquis somewhat painfull to use or communicate with. They just want to sell vans. Any questions please ask.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
MajesticSimon18, I know Marquise can be expensive, one must expect that from a dealer. However, I have found the service side easy to work with, though the service manager can be, I cannot find the right words, it seems you have to prove your point before he listens to you properly. I have come across this type of attitude persons before, and at time past I too have had to tow a line before accepting the situation is a real problem/fault and not a customer pulling a fast one/have taken it upon themselves to have a go, then buggered it up and have said "it weren't me honest". So I understand where he has to come from.

The sales side of course want to sell vehicles, but the two are separate. I also have found it helps to speak the the reception girls nicely, this has got me brownie points a few times:D2. I was given a phone number of a very good Moho body shop repairer in Northampton, he done an excellent job on my van, you cannot see where the difference. I highly recommend if you need him.

It is nice to know there are some local funsters around, I have met up with Paul, of 'Paul an Jane MK' some months back, nice chap.

Flook:cool:

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
@Gooney Hi Tony, we got a new Elddis Accordo 105 from V4L back in June, apart from a problem with the fridge not working on the gas we've been very happy with the van. We had to go back to the workshop twice which cost me a couple of days off my holiday ration and two days walking around Rhyl.
It would be great to have the guy come to my house to do the service. Do you still use the same guy?(y)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Davy, unfortunately I had to pack in the Motorhoming a few years back due to health issues but as I recall if you look Inside your gas locker door there should be a gas certificate sticker with the fitters name, address and phone number on it. Well worth a try. Failing that if you google mobile caravan engineers you will find one near your home, their stamp will keep your warranty valid for the hab area and as far as the engine side your local Peugeot dealer will look after servicing and warranty issues.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Hi Davy, unfortunately I had to pack in the Motorhoming a few years back due to health issues but as I recall if you look Inside your gas locker door there should be a gas certificate sticker with the fitters name, address and phone number on it. Well worth a try. Failing that if you google mobile caravan engineers you will find one near your home, their stamp will keep your warranty valid for the hab area and as far as the engine side your local Peugeot dealer will look after servicing and warranty issues.
Hi Tony thanks for your reply. I hope that your health issues aren't holding you back. I had a look inside the gas locker and there's no label. When I purchased the van I requested that they fit a twin bottle Gaslow system which they did, very tidy it is too! The van came with £6k of 'extras' many of which I would probably have bought myself so we got a really good deal as far as we're concerned.(y)
I'll check the paperwork which came with the van and see if it mentions a gas certificate. Thinking about it, when I took the van back to have the fridges gas problem looked at, it was their own engineer who sorted it:whistle:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi @We Bold Davy, it would have been 2011 when the van had its first service on V4L’s premiss’s and 2012 when the fitter came to my house. V4L have expanded since then and may well have their own maintenance staff. One of the changes around that time was new vehicles were usually taken to the main Peugeot dealers in Prestatyn to have the Pre delivery checks done, they had a special building constructed to accommodate a high lift ramp to get the height to lift motor homes, apparently without warning Eddis started to do the PDi’s in their factory thus rendering the Peugeot’s ramp a trifle underused. You may find the registered gas fitters stamp in your service book or failing that have a look at this link https://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Hi @We Bold Davy, it would have been 2011 when the van had its first service on V4L’s premiss’s and 2012 when the fitter came to my house. V4L have expanded since then and may well have their own maintenance staff. One of the changes around that time was new vehicles were usually taken to the main Peugeot dealers in Prestatyn to have the Pre delivery checks done, they had a special building constructed to accommodate a high lift ramp to get the height to lift motor homes, apparently without warning Eddis started to do the PDi’s in their factory thus rendering the Peugeot’s ramp a trifle underused. You may find the registered gas fitters stamp in your service book or failing that have a look at this link https://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/
Hi Tony. V4L now have a their workshop in Rhyl, I can't remember seeing a ramp as the workshop was packed with vans, my wife is sure there was one. They have two engineers there. I did read somewhere that all the Elddis dealers would be trained to work on their SoLiD construction, so maybe they do everything there, except possibly the base vehicle servicing. I'm sure as time goes on and I get more use out of the van, small niggley things will pop up and it's still under warranty I will find out more. I'll save that link for future reference. Thanks again(y)

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
The one thing that really swung it for me buying from a company so far away was Elddis have a network of approved repair centres who only service but don’t sell new vehicle so are not going to have the hump you have not bought from them.

I don't think so! We still have a 2018 Elddis caravan, though hopefully not for long now. Its a long story, but we ended up taking it to one repair agent earlier this year who did one quick emergency repair arranged by Elddis, but refused to do another longer repair. They said they didn't get paid enough by Elddis to take on other dealers' repair work.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Don't forget that your Contract is with the Supplying Dealer. If you have problems then you should go back to them to get it sorted. Swift say the same thing that you can take them anywhere until that is you try. Once Swift have paid the Dealer to do the work its up to the Dealer to do it. If they cock it up you cannot go elsewhere.

Just make sure when you pick it up that everything is working especially if its a long way from home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back