Elddis Sunseeker 140 Tip Up Sink. (1 Viewer)

shezza

Free Member
Jun 4, 2009
Funster No
Hi All I have a new Sunseeker 140 with a tip up sink over a bench toilet
Could someone tell me a little about the sink? Let me explain although being tip up it has a plug! and if it is tipped up before all the water drains it runs out all over the toilet! The tip up sinks I have had in the past puts all the water down the back.

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We also have an Elddis as far as i know you are supposed to drain the water through the plug hole. The dribble of water left goes into a gutter over the top of the toilet when you tip the sink up.

mariner41

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
3 years
tip up sink

Hi Shezza.
We have an Elddis autoquest.
we keep a flat sponge in the sink and once it has drained
give it a wipe as there may a little water left, the rv may not
always be level
the rest of the water runs down the back when it is tipped up.
All the best.
Jim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
When we picked up our 115.. The dealer pointed this out to us to watch the water as you tip.
We usually soak up before closure.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
The sink in our 115 was a nightmare from day one as it never dropped to the horizontal correctly and then when you filled it up with water it fell off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Sad: After a few months something metallic was heard to drop from behind which turned out to be the nut on the back of the retaining screw (the screw about which the sink pivots) this in turn necessitated the removal by yours truly of the entire back wall assembly whereupon the hole in the sink was 'relocated' and everything fitted and tightened correctly - sink now works to the same standard as yours ie: pours water everywhere when you tip it up.... The flat sponge is a must have accessory :Smile: and a further trick is to empty the sink thru the plughole, tip up 45 degrees and listen for the remaining water to drain, the final 45 degrees to close should be done pretty smartish and there you have it - only a small amount of water on the floor!

daps

Free Member
May 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire. UK
Funster No
Exp
A few Months
and a further trick is to empty the sink thru the plughole, tip up 45 degrees and listen for the remaining water to drain, the final 45 degrees to close should be done pretty smartish and there you have it - only a small amount of water on the floor!
Now that is familiar.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Forgive me for gloating over you lot with new vans but our 2003/4 Autoquest 100 has a tip up sink without a plug hole. Tipping it sends all the water down the back with no spillage. Let's hear it for the old ones :roflmto:

Graham

hushabye

Free Member
Jun 21, 2012
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
20 years
Tip up sink mod.

Elddis still using the same tip up sink in my Autoquest 100 in 2011 so have made a close fitting blade out of hard plastic siliconed to the back edge of the sink. ( you can fit it easily when the sink is tipped up) No more need for the sponge!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:ROFLMAO: Well yo think you've got it tough, My 1983 Holdworth Bedford CF had a tip up bucket and when you finished with the bucket you'd throw the contents out of the door and hope no-one was walking by.

No water on the floor though...........Griff....:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wake up at the back there. This is an old thread ::bigsmile:

Listen smart arse sonny, some of the best threads are old threads. Don't you go knocking old threads or they'll come and bite you. Where would you be today if some old thread hadn't worked their fingers to the bone for you.

PAH !

KIDS !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back