Elddis Magestic 140 advice please (1 Viewer)

Dec 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magestic 140
Exp
Hi Everyone this is my first post and hope I have it on the correct forum, We are newbies and recently joined funsters for 5 years and have possibly identified our first moho purchase after months of research and information gleaned from here. It is a 2015 Elddis Magestic 140 2 berth rear loungs as we like the rear lounge having spent a day just prior to lockdown going through all layouts. This one has 14k miles, hab check every 2 years - minor issue dealt with re battery seal (2020). All MOT 's with minor advisories re bulb and rear shock in 2018 again all dealt with. Really good condition both in and out. Seller purchased from Marquis 6 months old and now selling due to health reasons. Has spare wheel fitted last year, comes with a tracker fitted (yearly subscription). Tyres original but in good condition. Will have another service and MOT as part of purchase. Comes with gas bottle, wheel chocks, TV and external blind. We are looking to get a pre inspection done if anyone can recommend a company near newcastle? Looking to pay £34k through a broker so no warranty any thoughts or advice would be most welcome. Also anyone had this model and thoughts about the rear access... and thank you in advance.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
A quick look on autotrader says price isnt outrageous. Though general concensous is it is a difficult a nd expensive time to buy. The inspection is a good idea, however not a clue local to you. Try searching for mobile servicing in your area. As to layout, not got one so cant comment. If youve been wztching here allready you will be aware of payload issues and the british rubish British is best german is ? brigade. Note mine is french so i laugh from the sidelines and retreat to my sofa. All stereotypes catered for here. Bye the way welcome.
With a bit of luck an helpful answer will come.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
I'm a newbie
Contact : Andrew Appleyard @ ACS mobile caravan services from Middlesbrough, look on his web page
He is a professional , his prices and service are spot on, he travelled 50 miles round trip last year to do my habitation checks, and was £50 cheaper than going local. I will be using him this year also.
Well worth a phone call

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Dec 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magestic 140
Exp
Thank You (the1andolny) I have read with interest re the differences of opinion and your right this is a sellers market so finding a good one means having to move quickly.
I will definitely contact ACS (Tyrefixer) as a recommendation is always better than trailing through google. I think the previous owner used a company called the caravan clinic and the broker suggests their company habcheck.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I think if you like the British style lounge layout then it will be fine for you. We prefer the continental style but then we do take it abroad most of the time

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back