Elddis Evolution 180 2014 (1 Viewer)

Paul_S123

Free Member
Sep 5, 2019
Funster No
Exp
Newb
Hi, still looking at our first mh. Does anyone have experience with the Elddis 180, it's a 2014 Brownhill edition...any thoughts?

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Hi Paul

You will get mixed responses as with all motorhomes (just like cars housebuilders etc) there are differing opinions and perceptions. Elddis are considered entry level and the price reflects this. Some say british built are awful but just search the forums to see problems with all Van's.

Now onto your question. I dont have a 180 bit a 145 2014. Only had it a few months but have been happy so far. My opinion is hopefully any issues resolved with mine by now but by the nature of them I expect to have jobs to do as with any motorhome

If it's the layout that's right. The right payload, checks look good and the right money then its right for you.

Sorry cant help with the actual van but if anything else let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Most motorhome owner tend to be brand loyal and although QFour and many other may have never owned an Elddis, they are more than willing to slag them off having not had first hand experience of owning one.

True, many Elddis owner have had problems in the past and some have been quite serious but these problems are not unique to Elddis and many of the thought to be superior foreign motorhomes have had their fair share of problems as your can find on many threads on the forum.

We have had our Elddis 175 for two years now and are over the moon with it so there are always two sides to a story.

Upvote 0

PEM

Jun 5, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
As above I have an encore 255 from new now 3 1/2 years old and did have problems when new but nothing serious. Have now done four 3 month trips all over Europe in the last two years and have had no problems. If it's the van you want go for it any issues are easy to rectify but being a 2014 they should have already been sorted, I've also noticed that elddis spares are quite cheap compared to other Van's. You would also have the security of a warranty from Brownhills. Like all purchases you pays your money and takes your chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our 2014 Elddis has been ok, a few small problems but nothing to get too upset about.
The latest little problem is the capping round the van that covers all the joints up is working loose ?
For the money, and considering the equipment level on the dealer specials, they are great value ?

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
My pal has an Elddis ( not this model) and I rate it better than my Swift or Autotrail were

Personal opinion, I would try and buy one THIS SIDE of 2015 model with the wider headlights as a first van if you can stretch
Also be more cautious of payload than model on a 5/6 berth

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back