Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi all

I am beginning to despair, have been chopping and changing my mind over the pandemic period about whether to change back to a MOHO. Keep convincing myself that I have found the right one and then allow some detail to dissuade me, have received considerable guidance and advice on this site all of which is appreciated.

Intending to buy a new 2 berth, am restricted to 3500kg and have looked at Pilote/Adria/Autotrail and Autosleeper ranges, requirements initially being sub 7m with a fixed bed and a seperate shower with a payload as close to 500kg as possible. It proved difficult to find this accommodation without going to 7.4m along with the fact that most at this size are 4 berth and both of these factors eat into the already modest payload available on vehicles at 3500kg.

The intention was to research on line/brochure etc then visit dealerships to confirm the choice and to do the deal at the October BIrmingham exibition (now unfortunately cancelled)! The dealership element proved very difficult because of the 'staycation fest' they experienced resulting in low stock levels.

The latest hopeful is the Elddis Envoy 275 which fits the bill except for the fixed bed, there aren't any available locally but there is a 3 year old used one a 100 miles away and am wondering whether it is worth travelling just to see an older model.

My concerns with it at this stage, is the apparent lack of storage space for items used outside, comfortable relaxing chairs, BBQ, levelling ramps and wheel chocks etc and that the floor is not on one level, There appears to be a step up to a raised lounge area in some of the brochure pictures.

Any Funster with this model able to confirm this latter point and what they do with the aformentioned items, please?

Cheers Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back