Elddis Encore external bbq point (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I have the external gas tap for bbq fitted to my Elddis Encore purchased new but it did not come with an adaptor.

Just wondering if I should have received one with the Motorhome or where I can buy one

Any feedback appreciated.
0BB988D7-6653-4249-A5E9-9D8786E52C16.jpeg

Jul 8, 2018
Funster No
having bought a Encore last year was in the same situation ,it is a simple male insert,it was only about £2.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I have ordered the link on eBay so fingers crossed.

Thanks @CCC i had looked on eBay already but can’t have bern specific enough.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Damn!!! I haven't got one on my 15 Encore, I wonder if I could retrofit one?? @Paul an Jane MK can you tell me where yours is positioned please.

Ady

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't get the bullfinch adapter.
Out of interest, why not?

I had one on the last van and was uncomfortable with the push and twist, preferring a physical tap, but interested to know why you don’t like them either. Thanks

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Out of interest, why not?

I had one on the last van and was uncomfortable with the push and twist, preferring a physical tap, but interested to know why you don’t like them either. Thanks
why was you uncomftable with it you probably have similar if you have a free standing cooker at home

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
why was you uncomftable with it you probably have similar if you have a free standing cooker at home
Ah..... that is why I asked the question and also explained why I wasn’t keen. Current connection....plug in and turn tap. Bullfinch, no physical tap. That is why I didn’t like it

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@WESTY66 it is located just forward of the main locker door that opens in to the space under the bed

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
@WESTY66 it is located just forward of the main locker door that opens in to the space under the bed
Had a look at The NEC at the latest encores and I see they have put the fresh tank under the van leaving more space in the garage, I take it yours is like that? Reason I ask I don’t think I could get my bbq point where yours is cos the my onboard fresh tanks in the way. Now if only they would offer the choice of a weight upgrade ???

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Hi @WESTY66 Yes my tank is mounted underneath the floor, sorry I just assumed they were always mounted that way.

It must take up a lot of internal space but less chance of freezing which is why they have automatic frost heaters inside the tank.

A weight upgrade would be handy but you could speak to SV Tech, not sure whether it is an option on these bit would be interested to know. Fullly loaded with full water and fuel we are pretty mich at 3500kg although you wouldn’t know from the way it drives.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Hi @WESTY66 Yes my tank is mounted underneath the floor, sorry I just assumed they were always mounted that way.

It must take up a lot of internal space but less chance of freezing which is why they have automatic frost heaters inside the tank.

A weight upgrade would be handy but you could speak to SV Tech, not sure whether it is an option on these bit would be interested to know. Fullly loaded with full water and fuel we are pretty mich at 3500kg although you wouldn’t know from the way it drives.
Might give them a call at some point but I’m not holding my breath, I think they moved the tank for the 17 models!!
I filled mine up with water and diesel, gas bottle, one of the travel seats out and me inside 100+kgs and I came out at 3280kgs. I work in a quarry and I can get it weighed anytime.
I’m off to get 1x14 alugas bottle fitted on Saturday and have just put a towbar on. I’ll get it weighed again at some point and let u know.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the easiest places to fit a BBQ point is near the back of the fridge or in the gas locker for easy access to a gas feed

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3320kg me (95kg) full water fuel and gas but we have An awning, bike rack and solar panel and both travel seats (must be 15 to 20 kg) and that is with all our normal junk.

I would like to fit a tow bar.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
3320kg me (95kg) full water fuel and gas but we have An awning, bike rack and solar panel and both travel seats (must be 15 to 20 kg) and that is with all our normal junk.

I would like to fit a tow bar.
I had awning and solar when weighed, so not too dissimilar. The towbar is pretty heavy, then you have the weight on the ball when towing a load, I fear the worst, I’m gonna have to lose a few kg with a diet:whistle::LOL:

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
The travel seats on a 2018 Encore 285 are 25kgs each! Took mine out to give me payload for hydraulic levellers.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Well, I had alugas fitted last weekend, and now got an external
BBQ point (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.