ELDDIS ENCORE 255 front bed bases don't meet in the middle!! (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi just decided to try and put the "hidden" front travel seats up and make the front bed BEFORE we set off anywhere. Anyway the bed base that you fold up towards the window won't fold in and stay there (I have done the opposite side, so I DO know how its supposed to go)!!

AND the front bed bases when pulled out do NOT meet in the middle, there's about a 4" gap down the center :( is there a secret to it??

Ady

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes, carry a length of hardboard, under one of the side benchs and just pull it out to cover the gap.when you make the bed, No big issue. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It looks like there's strut at the rear of the seat that should hold it up - has it got it on?

It also looks like the sofa base pulls out to bridge the gap in the centre of the MH for bed making.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Any help?

upload_2018-6-9_9-46-22.png

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It looks like there's strut at the rear of the seat that should hold it up - has it got it on?

It also looks like the sofa base pulls out to bridge the gap in the centre of the MH for bed making.

Hi Minxy Girl, top pic, see the wide piece of wood in front of the slats (the length of the seat) its not folding down flat like in the picture, it feels like an obstruction on the hinge mechanism, or the previous owner could have sprained it maybe, but nothing looks bent???

Oh and on pic 7 it looks like the gap I've got!! you would think they would meet in the middle:unsure:

Thank you very much for the pics, you have been most helpful(y)(y)

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
We have a 115 with two sofas that covert to a bed. It looks like your picture 7 when extended, with a gap of maybe 2-3 inches. It’s not a problem because the seats have a slight lip that goes in to the gap when there are turned over. We have found it is best to lift the seat up when extending to get the full extension.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
There seems to be a knack to fold 255 seats, I did it without problem in a 2017 155 display vehicle I spent some time in on a forecourt but during handover could not fold either of our seats in our new 255 but salesman could fold every time.

If you have done one side you must have found all the latches required but I could still not get to fold fully as it seemed to be catching.

The knack is to do fully push Home one end at a time by using slight sideways inward force which gets you past obstruction then do the other end.

You have probably sorted already but if not I hope that helps as it sure had me baffled

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back