Elddis CV60 -Gas supply problem (1 Viewer)

Nov 16, 2021
Oundle, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV60
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a new Elddis CV60 (October 21) and have used the gas cooker a couple of times but the ring went out and I now have no gas anywhere. Hot water and Heating on gas just give error message. Dealer assures me the tank was filled and the LED indicator shows full and I've been underneath and the tank gauge shows full. Dealer not being helpful but I can only assume it is the regulator that has failed.
My other question relates to the notice by the LED indicator which says the gas should be switched off when travelling. Are they seriously suggesting I crawl under the van each time to turn the valve off on the tank. Why didn't they fit a solenoid? Definitely not fit for purpose!

Attachments

• gas led indicator.jpg
    gas led indicator.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 25
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Maybe has a crash sensor on the regulator .bumpy roads and potholes can trigger it on.you just need to reset it if that's the case.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Get back to the dealer it’s his responsibility.However the gauges are notoriously inaccurate have you tried filling it with gas it should take about 19 litres.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Two taps on the tank.
One is a regular plastic lever just after the regulator.
The other is a brass turn tap under the metal cover .
Looks like you need to grovel underneath to check they are both on
And I wouldn't rely on the gauge....mine always read about 3/4 no matter what was in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Have you checked the gas manifold? This is where the gas comes into the van and is then sent to each appliance. There are valves on the manifold. Make sure they are in the on position. Usually in line is on.

OP
OP
Panda73
Nov 16, 2021
Oundle, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV60
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for replies. All taps on manifold are on. Gas was working fine after parking up and then just stopped. Can't see any lever or means of resetting the regulator. I was going to try filling with LPG but dealer certain it is full. Looks like a 150 mile round trip to take it back to get sorted. Tracker fitted by dealer also not working properly so being replaced by Phantom tomorrow. Bit disappointing on a new van but hopefully all teething problems that can be sorted.
Anyone have any views on the isolation valve only being accessible by crawling under the van?

OP
OP
Panda73
Nov 16, 2021
Oundle, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV60
Exp
I'm a newbie
Filled up with 18kg of LPG this morning. Tank obviously empty so red-faced dealer! Gauge on tank and LED worse than useless as some of you suggested.
Going to contact Elddis re lack of an accessible isolation valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back