Elddis CV20 Loaded Front and Rear Axle Weight (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2014
North East
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
It’s coming out of factory next Wednesday, then dealer will need it a few days for their ‘dealer additions’ and I’m having hand controls fitted.
Once collected I’ll pop to weighbridge and check it out.
Will be good info to have

OP
OP
L

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Nice one. Although given its importance it should be part of the handover from the supplier.

Keep up the good work George !

Mar 2, 2014
North East
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Laughing Gravy
Delivered to me today, but obviously can’t really get away to weighbridge, however will do once restrictions are lifted
Spec sheet from dealer shows weights as post above - but will get it checked eventually

2325D76E-E4F9-4F0F-BC70-FD79BA81CFE8.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
How fantastic George ! A new van may help take you mind off all the stuff going on at the moment. Enjoy ! Keep in touch and let me know how you find it

Just over a month to wait for mine all being well

to6y

Free Member
Mar 12, 2015
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC...probably!
Exp
Post Corona...
I have a Vantage Med PVC; it is 5.4 m long on the Fiat medium wheelbase.

Hi Waveski

I see you have a Vantage, they are on my shortlist (Vantage Sky).

How long have you had it? Any problems? Any advice?

Many thanks in anticipation

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Hi to6y

I’ve had my Vantage Med for just over 3 years and apart from a couple of Fiat recalls it’s been pretty well faultless. I spent a lot of time researching motor homes suitable for my needs, and following the passing of my wife, the Med has been the perfect layout for a single man. I use the rear lounge converted into a single bed/lounging area. I chose Vantage because they are great people to deal with and they produce an excellent product engineered by people who know that good design detail is very important, everything is in the right place and it all works perfectly. Their after sales has been brilliant.
There has been some recent changes to their engineering team but I don’t think it would affect their product or quality.
The Vantage Sky is a new model and a bit of a departure from their traditional models. It is a large van conversion, the stated payload is only 300kgs which could be very problematic. I suggest you research threads on this forum regarding payload before making any commitment. The same weight issue would probably apply to any large van conversion. The van would possibly (probably?) need to have the payload uprated and you would then need to have a C1 category on your driving licence.

I’ve been totally delighted by my van and I wish you well in your research for your your new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Vantage Sky is a new model and a bit of a departure from their traditional models. It is a large van conversion, the stated payload is only 300kgs which could be very problematic. I suggest you research threads on this forum regarding payload before making any commitment. The same weight issue would probably apply to any large van conversion. The van would possibly (probably?) need to have the payload uprated and you would then need to have a C1 category on your driving licence.
I agree regarding the payload for van conversions, there's no way we could have run our Globecars at 3500kg even without the dogs and all their kit in them!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oops ... look like I got caught in a 'Jim and Grom' sandwich so it posted twice! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back