Jun 3, 2012
Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Does anyone else own one of these?

If so:
Can you walk on the roof? Ours has a factory fitted ladder and front roof rails.

Can you get cross roof bars for the front roof rails?

Thanks

BTW Planning to subscribe when the pensions come in!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I certainly wouldnt with a vehicle of that age, its asking for trouble by splitting dried mastic joints. thinking back, the front roof bars on those vans were more cosmetic than practical too, and the rear ladder was to aid access to an optional topbox toward the rear where the roof is reinforced with a layer of ply

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
eldiss autostratus 1997

NO WAY walk on the roof or decide to put toomuch on rack.I'll explain I own a 1999 EB and on my roof I have a bulbous area at the front and a bulbous area at the back if you look at the flat bit inbetween you will see 2 joints/seals going across the width thats the weak area.The bulbous areas either end are even weaker i'll not even lean on mineas there is NO support underneath.
About the ladder and roof rails have you seen what they are fixed on with? very short self tappers for both ladder and rails.
And if you have the EB version don't think about a bike rack that uses the rear wall as there are no cross bars to bolt the rack to.
With reference to the 2 roof sealsI get mine resealed every 2-3 years as the shape of the roof means the water just sits on the seals.Anything else just ask
Sorry about the delay just decided to search under autostratus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back