Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 2009
Interested in hearing from anyone who has owned an Elddis Autoquest and the habitation door hinges have broken

OP
OP
W

Wanderer72

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 2009
yes had seen this but would like to know how many people have had this problem as more than 168 of these hinges sold on ebay and wanted up to date information on how to solve problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On your other thread I pointed to one from December. I expect @Martin Woolven, who started that thread, will be most up to date with information.

The main problem seems to be sourcing a replacement 5 part hinge but if that can be done, or a replacement for the broken bit fabricated, the process is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is drill out the old pop rivets from the van body, unscrew the old hinge from the door, screw the new one onto the door and then pop rivet it to the body. It didn't take me long (unfortunately the thread has disappeared now, it's that long ago) and I was going slowly and carefully.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the doors are not specific to elddis, like other builders, they buy them in ready assembled in the frame. the hinges are a well known weak point on many vans. if not kept well lubricated, they seize up and snap. changing them takes 10 minutes

OP
OP
W

Wanderer72

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 2009
I have been unable to source a replacement hinge in spite of phoning many breakers yards. I was sold a right hand one saying it was left hand. If I could remove all parts of hinge from pin I could arrange the parts to make a left one but one part will not come off the pin I have been told that it could have been made to stay on pin. This is the part that is broken and still on the van. As part fixed on pin lubricating would have made no difference. Cant find a solution and as usual manufacturer not really interested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back