Elddis Autoquest shower waste (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Itineo
Can anyone help with how to dismantle and report ion the white waste pipe which is under the chassis from the shower please? It’s popped off and water is leaking out now onto the floor.
it’s a 2008 Elddis Autoquest 140.
I can’t for the life of me see how to get it off as the little silver bit in the middle of the drain at the top isn’t a screw.
ive googled the life out of it but musnt be searching for the correct terms.
thank you!

Attachments

• 584F5203-45EB-476A-96E6-56A84B0EC82B.jpeg
    584F5203-45EB-476A-96E6-56A84B0EC82B.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 63
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Do you want to remove the waste fitting from the shower tray or the pipe from the fitting underneath?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pennee
Apr 20, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Itineo
I think what I’ve done is popped the pipe out on the fitting underneath to the actual waste fitting in the shower tray.
ive unscrewed the plug part and can see it’s an angled fitment but I think where this means the external fitment it’s moved.

OP
OP
Pennee
Apr 20, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Itineo
Do you want to remove the waste fitting from the shower tray or the pipe from the fitting underneath?
Sorry I know I’m not explaining myself very well!
how do I remove the fitment from the underneath? The part that is attached to the waste and then the pipe looks angled which is where the water is escaping and I don’t think this should be at the angle it is. Ideally I’d like to remove that and then reposition if possible.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
It's a very simple fitting. The hard grey plastic bit underneath the tray should have a big rubber sealing ring between it and the base of the tray. The seal is achieved by compressing the seal by tightening the screw in the middle of the metal grille bit inside the tray. To remove it just undo the screw and the grey bit underneath should just fall away. Possibly someone has stuck it up with silicone if it was leaking before? The corrugated pipe should just pull off the plastic fitting. (Picture just to show the whole fitting)
Screenshot_20210421-200628.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
What he said above.

Its attached by sandwiching the shower tray. It’s tightened or loosened by the screw that is in the middle of the strainer that is inside the tray. Both parts usually are given a good amount of silicone sealer on install.

I would suggest that you've started to release it then either the bottom part has misaligned with the top, which sticks down into the ray and base section. Or the seal has got between the two parts as you’ve loosened it. Just undo the screw in the centre of the strainer inside, and this will separate the parts and show you how it works and how simple it is.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
If the surfaces are clean and smooth you should not need any silicone. The rubber seal should be sufficient on its own, it's what its designed for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back