elddis auto quest

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by freddieboy, Aug 2, 2009.

1. freddieboy

freddieboy

Ratings:
    +0
    hi all just about to purchase the above any comments advice etc would be much appreciated.... new to motorhoming cheers:Smile:(500rl model)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +40,233
    We bought an Autoquest 100 just over 3 years ago. At the time it was just over two years old. Been very pleased with it. As a 4 berth it works well for two of us.

If you have any specific questions/problems when you get yours don't be afraid to ask.

Graham

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  3. savantuk

savantuk

Ratings:
    +42
    It may be a bit late, but 'Discover Leisure' have 'Special' Versions of these motorhomes under the 'Firestorm' brand. They cost a little less, but have a few desireable extras.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will be perfectly happy. They are super vans!

Good luck with your new motorhome.

4. Autoquest

Autoquest

Ratings:
    +37
    Not sure about the 500RL? Would that be the 400RL?

It is a very nice van - Check the payload figures carefully as the new vans are slightly heavier with a reduced user payload, the MWB van has a 1950kg rear axle which is good (better than my SWB 1650 anyway...)

Build quality is OK but be prepared for a bit of DIY - Check the drop down sink works OK and drops to just short of horizontal.

Check the dealer has sealed the scuttle to the windscreen using a rather neat piece of tape supplied by Explorer, Check that the engine mods have been done ie: water catcher and engine cover.

and finally - reverse it up a hill and on grass (preferably wet)

I bought a 115 with a view to changing after two years if I liked the motorhoming thing, turns out I love the motorhoming thing but kept the van:thumb:

5. Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Freddieboy, i bought 1 some 3 months ago, had a few niggles but GJH (aka Graham) on this site has been of great assistance with pm's, pics + even phone calls (Thank you GJH).

I'm sure you will enjoy your new m/h + soon going to your 1st mhfun meet, i did last week + cant wait for my 2nd meet.