Elddis Accordo external habitation door retainer . (1 Viewer)

The Welsh Wizard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
I purchased my Accordo 105 in 2018 and in most respects I am happy with the product EXCEPT the pathetically designed habitation door retaining lock. Unlike many other manufacturers Elddis decided to use plastic. The clip on the door is supposed to lock into a bracket on the bodywork which is spring loaded. Because the clip is so flimsy I have already had 3 replacements and this weekend the 4th clip disintegrated. If they had fitted a simple magnetic device no problem but once again I guess it’s down to cost.
Any one else experienced the same problem please let me know. Any ideas on how to fix it long term would be most welcome.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Take a look at (Sprinter I think) panel van rear doors. They're held against the van side when fully open by magnetic holders. I made one for my Hymer by cutting a couple of thick nylon pads with holes drilled to suit the existing ones in the door & van wall. I milled a hollow in the back of each to suit neodymium magnets embedded in PU adhesive. It worked perfectly but it wasn't a weekend DiY job. :giggle:

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Elddis have been using magnetic retainers for a few years now. Our 2019 Autoquest has one. Perhaps it would be possible to order one from your Elddis dealer.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We too have the Accordo 105 2018 model and have the same set up. We spray the bracket with the silicon that we use on the toilet cassette seal. It keeps it working OK. As you say it's not the strongest which can be annoying, so we normally tie the hab door open to the handle of the passengers door if it's windy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
We have the same issue but dealer advised us not to fit a magnetic one because they can delaminated the door/van side as they are too strong and Elddis made some “change” to the mounting areas when they changed to magnetic ones...
I just keep a spare plastic one now!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our accordo 105 is 6 years old and the catch had been ok, I put a bit of grease on it annually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back