Elddis Accordo 120 (Majestic 120 from Marquis) floor de-laminating..... (1 Viewer)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Just taken my ‘16’ reg Majestic 120 to Marquis Tewkesbury for its second habitation check.
Everything fine....apart from the floor in front of the cooker de-laminating! On a two year old van?
Marquis now have to contact Elddis to get permission to undertake a warranty repair, which, if granted(!), will take 2 to 3 days to be carried out.
Has anyone else had problems with their floor on such a relatively new ‘van? Did it get fixed under warranty? Would you buy another Elddis?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think you need to know how they propose to repair it - bodge it by injecting some glue or replace properly.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Not exactly but our accordo 105 had leaks on the kitchen and wash basin waste pipes. The floor must have been damp intermittently for a while. The drain fitting was put together upside down! ie female over male fitting pointing downwards :eek: 14 reg van but check yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Well, Brian, I did hear mention of ‘injecting’......so I guess that may be an option they are considering.....Elddis are going to supply the fixing kit. I’ll wait for Marquis to contact me (when and if Elddis approve the repair!) and ask them to detail what is going to be done. In the meantime, I’ll check all the waste fittings - thanks for the tip, Richard and Ann.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, Brian, I did hear mention of ‘injecting’....., Richard and Ann.

I may be wrong of course, though no-one has jumped in on this. Maybe for a small problem injecting appropriate glue is an effective repair. But at least you now know to question them thoroughly.

Why has it delaminated ?
How much delamination ?
If glued how long to they guarantee this repair for ?
Would it be better if flooring cut back to sound and new spliced in = £££££££

I'd want to see bare floor, pick up a spiky thing ( bradawl ) and push hard all over the area.

I think this is utterly disgraceful that Elddis would plagiarise one of Swift's specialities.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It will more than likely involve the bodge method which Brian initially suggested, especially if Marquis are doing it.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Injection works really well as long as it's done as soon as delamination is noticed. I did most of a caravan floor & in the two or three years afterwards it remained solid. I did it, as advised at the time, using pourable epoxy adhesive. I'd rather have it done by injection than any method that disturbs the integrity of the layers.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The problem is after just 2 years though with a delaminating floor, depending if it was a leaking pipe etc, what is going to happen to other areas in the future.
If it wasn't a leaking pipe then I would be extremely worried about the construction after just 2 years.
A bit like finding damp after 2 years or less, get shut would be my advice.

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Yes, Caroline, I have been wondering about the rest of the ‘van floor - I’m pretty sure that the delamination isn’t due to damp, but more ‘heavy traffic’ as we’ve been living in it for about 4 months whilst our house alterations were being carried out..... All the same, surely a heavy traffic area such as in front of the cooker/sink should be reinforced enough to cope? Or am I being naive?
I must admit that it has caused me to think about changing the ‘van, and I probably will not be buying another Elddis!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, Caroline, I have been wondering about the rest of the ‘van floor - I’m pretty sure that the delamination isn’t due to damp, but more ‘heavy traffic’ as we’ve been living in it for about 4 months whilst our house alterations were being carried out..

Wouldn't let Marquis/Elddis know about that :cautious::cautious:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I cannot help but wonder if the flooring board was perfect when fitted. The possibilities are endless but not your concern as it has a warranty which you must expect to be honoured. I doubt there is any thing you could have done to make the board delaminate.
As the floor board is the first part to be laid onto the chassis, other than a total rebuild or replacing the whole van, Eldiss (Marquis, Hymer, Thorn) are rather in a cleft stick, held by you. After all, you did not buy a van with a patched-up floor.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Adding up all the time we've been away in ours, it's about 18 months. Would be a very poor design if simply walking on the floor delaminates it. Have you checked underneath to see if water has been able to get in from below?

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Not able to get under the van......but I know that Marquis did, and confirmed that it was not due to damp.......they even left a Protimeter Surveymaster in the van (which I found when I got home) - by mistake!
Maybe I’ll check their hab. check results!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back