Free Member
Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
Hi everyone.
I own an Elddis 185. We bought this rather large motorhome so we could take my mum away with us she is 88. and forgetful. On or first journey out she left the tap on in the bathroom and the plug was in. It flooded part of the motorhome. THERE IS A DESIGN FAULT. I want to let everyone know. As it cost me Ā£1500. The water runs under the bathroom wall and runs into the whale blow heater which is the lowest point I know you should not leave the tap on but accidents happen!!!!

F13FF462-EDE6-42A6-992E-6F8FF2CA2756.jpeg

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Welcome. Sorry to hear of your initial woes. And cost to rectify. We all, well certainly I, have a similar tale to tell. Mine involved what I thought was a great place to stash passports and money in a caravan. It was a shame about the overflow from the onboard water tank! I spent a happy time ironing a few euro notes.
Enjoy your travels wherever they take you.
šŸ‘

OP
OP
H

Hayesdec

Free Member
Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
Thanks for reply. As you can see it can not happen again hence the plastic box with base cut out sealed with CT1.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hayesdec

Free Member
Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
Hi Two on Tour
Well the design fault is if anyone spills water. It automatically runs under bathroom floor. And into the heater. Canā€™t really say it is a design fault but a warning to other Motorhome owners. It doesnā€™t take long to do and not expensive. Just a plastic box. Motorhomers do have children. And accidents do happen.
thanks for reply

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Welcome. Sorry to hear of your initial woes. And cost to rectify. We all, well certainly I, have a similar tale to tell. Mine involved what I thought was a great place to stash passports and money in a caravan. It was a shame about the overflow from the onboard water tank! I spent a happy time ironing a few euro notes.
Enjoy your travels wherever they take you.
šŸ‘
Ours was driving current and first MH back after purchase. Stopped to let Mrs Fraser have a wee drive in an industrial estate and had left the habitation door step out rather than kicked down under van. Then proceeded up drive with it out....ouch. S@Ā£t myself when I heard scraping noise against concrete gate pillar...was relieved to see what it was mind you when initially I thought Iā€™d scraped side of MH down drive! Have had a few more misadventures since and no doubt will have a few more....welcome to MH ā€˜Funā€™ šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
H

Hayesdec

Free Member
Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
Hi
Our first motorhome had a step. But soon as u started the van it automatically retracted. A good idea for me as a painter & Decorator if I put the ladders on roof rack I always put the rope on the windscreen so I never forgot to tie them if I got distracted. Perhaps a piece of card with (STEP) felt tipped on. Put under window wiper.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4: Sorry to hear of your water problem , thanks for warning others of a potential problem.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
This thread begs the question why would you need to keep the water pump switched on until the next stop?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back