Elddis 120 Should I or should I not? (1 Viewer)

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Hello one and all
We currently own a Autosleeper pvc but fancy a change, we are very interested in a new 2018 Elddis Accordo 120, the layout and size suits our needs but we are concerned being a budget van that the quality might be or become an issue. Any comments/views { good or bad } from any Elddis m/h owner would be most welcome
Many thanks
Deck

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
I’m well please with my Elddis Encore, got it new nearly two years ago and it’s been faultless.

You will get the usual chirps about British built against European built, but If you like what you see and it suits your budget, buy and enjoy.

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
I’m well please with my Elddis Encore, got it new nearly two years ago and it’s been faultless.

You will get the usual chirps about British built against European built, but If you like what you see and it suits your budget, buy and enjoy.
Thanks amkirman, sounds encouraging.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our Elddis accordo 105 has been, and still is, great (y). Had a couple of minor problems but nothing too bad. Bought it new in 2014, never selling it :cool:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For me if Elddis are involved in any way shape or form and even if they were going to give me the full retail value of the vehicle in ready cash to take it off their hands it would still be a resounding NO, NEVER IN THIS LIFETIME. (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Completely serious Richard (or Ann). Not intended to be funny in any way.

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Thank you Richard & Ann for your encouraging reply, planning to have a look at a 120 tomorrow. How do you find your 105 on the road in terms of rattles & squeaks? Thank you Nicknic for your reply.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thank you Nicknic for your reply.

You're welcome. (y)

For reference my reply is based on being someone who was unfortunate enough to own one for a brief but painful period of time.

I quite happily took a huge financial hit (30% in 9 months) to get rid of the thing.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thank you Richard & Ann for your encouraging reply, planning to have a look at a 120 tomorrow. How do you find your 105 on the road in terms of rattles & squeaks? Thank you Nicknic for your reply.

Great on the road, the 130bhp engine is very torquey and you never need to change down up hills on the motorway, the only rattle comes from the oven grill that needs wedging with a big kitchen roll or something (Ann does it).
The van suspension is a bit hard after a car but you soon get used to it, and the payload is 600 odd kg (y)

Problems so far have been:
New instrument panel
New Whale Water heater

All under warranty no problem.

I can understand you feeling bitter @NickNic I really hate some products too, like Kenwood stereos, but my experience with our van has been very good :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Great on the road, the 130bhp engine is very torquey and you never need to change down up hills on the motorway, the only rattle comes from the oven grill that needs wedging with a big kitchen roll or something (Ann does it).
The van suspension is a bit hard after a car but you soon get used to it, and the payload is 600 odd kg (y)

Problems so far have been:
New instrument panel
New Whale Water heater

All under warranty no problem.

I can understand you feeling bitter @NickNic I really hate some products too, like Kenwood stereos, but my experience with our van has been very good :cool:
Thanks again for your positive comments, both my present van & my previous m/h have had problems but at the end of the day it depends on the dealership.
I do not have an issue with Nicknics comments, I would feel exactly the same if asked about the dealership that we bought our first motorhhome from ........ " never again ".

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Deck,

Welcome to the forum for starters. It's good to have you on-board.

The challenge with all motorhomes these days is that in reality they are are bl@@dy expensive items which in most cases can only be classed as a luxury for most.

You then have to compare their price tag, reputation, functionality, warranty, dealer support and then make an informed decision accordingly.

It's generally well known that Elddis has its own intrinsic build quality issues and that its SoLiD build system is fairly poor (wood and glue) but if you're content to accept these points then there's no denying that the Elddis price-point allows for alot more people to enjoy the freedom of motorhoming.

You need to be aware that the Elddis 3-year warranty goes a bit wishy-washy after only 12-months of ownership (see below) so if you do have any faults then you really need to pin them down in the first year of ownership.

The smaller Elddis vans are probably better for payload, road stability and for general motorhome touring than the bigger units, so IMO your choice of a 120-size vehicle is very sensible indeed.

Deck - have a dig around on the forum about the various Elddis posts and if you're still happy then go-ahead and enjoy yourself.

Good luck(y) and best wishes,

Andrew

20180312_214131.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I had a 2010 120, my only regret is I wish I had bought the 140, identical in layout etc. But an extra foot or two in the lounge area length makes a hell of a difference in stretching out.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
For me if Elddis are involved in any way shape or form and even if they were going to give me the full retail value of the vehicle in ready cash to take it off their hands it would still be a resounding NO, NEVER IN THIS LIFETIME. (y)
2nd this being an ex Elddis 155 owner

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Hi @Deck We'd been looking at vans for around two years before we finally decided on an Elddis Accordo 105.
we had set our heart on an Autosleeper because of the quality and their reputation, but in the last 8 months or so decided against Autosleeper for the following reasons. Our budget would only stretch to a 4 or 5 year old Autosleeper (AS) which basically didn't appeal to us because, normally AS hold their value extremely well BUT by the time we decide to sell/ change our van in 5 years or so; what will be the situation with Euro4 or 5 diesel engines? Will their value drop like a stone? Will there be a demand for them? Time will tell.

We decided on the Elddis because I work in the building industry and understand the SoLiD construction theory, which Elddis has the confidence in to offer a 10 year water ingress warranty, which I would say is putting your money where your mouth is! Also the Euro6 Diesel engine is as future proof as is possible. And the shear amount of extras which come with the vehicle is nothing short of incredible.
On this forum we have read good and bad on most makes of MH and I feel that a lot is down to luck. For every bad MH you hear about there are many, many more good vans which you never hear about. We get our van in June so having a decent warranty on a new van is better that no warranty on a 5 year old van, it's as much peace of mind that we can get.
Whatever you do, good luck and enjoy your van(y)

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I had an Eldiss ... One small leak where the sealant had gone .. five minute job.

I often look back and wish I had kept it. I loved that van .. it was perfect for me.. I only changed because I wanted a fixed bed for mum, with alzheimers .. she never even set foot in the new one.

There are good and bad in all mhs .. including top of the range.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Had elddis autoquest 120 eight years now would not buy another had no trouble and still as dry as the day we bought our "hoose on wheels" can't afford another one so this one will do me gets you out and about. Place to eat sleep and relax thats all you need keep your fancy stuff just a case of keeping up with the "Joneses" Fun!!! Fun!!! Fun!!!

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We collected our Elddis Encore 255 from Vehicles 4 Leisure.

Amazing value with loads of extras at below normal price.

So far so good, family run business, nice to deal with and vehicle ready as planned and they fitted second leisure battery in the spare battery holder for just cost of battery.

I would say a few silly things on ours that should have been spotted/sorted at factory so thoroughly crawl all over it and check everything over as these guys run to a tight schedule and are happy to rectify any problems but might miss some things.

Eg.

Water filler hose cut too short so so clip not fully on

Bed box screw 1/2” hanging out and cover put around it

Cupboard hinge loose as holes in cabinet too big

Seatbelt hanger cover missing

Cupboard handle loose

Bubble in wall covering

So nothing major that would stop us using it but shouldn’t have left factory like it.

Still nothing else in our price range that matches by far so would still buy one.

One last thing, ours had 1 mile on the clock and the engine felt very tight so we stuck to “A” roads for about 100 mile rather than constant motorway revs. Always told to vary speed of new engine and don’t labour in high gears to avoid glazing bores on s brand new engine.

Might be over the top these days but it did feel tight so seemed worth the effort.

Good luck

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Check the washroom basin and sink waste connections, our fittings were upside down and not glued so were dribbling from new. We had a few annoying little faults but for what we paid for a brand new van (36.3k) I can deal with them (y) enjoy :cool:

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
:cartoon:
Apologies for not replying before now but was unable to do so before joining this forum.
Any way ..... although we had more or less decided on ordering the Elddis 120 we changed our mind at the last minute and decided on ordering the Auto-Trail VLine Sport.
Just to say thanks for all of your replies, most of which were very positive and encouraging, so I am sure that had we decided on Eldiss 120 we would of been very happy with it.
Regards
Deck

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Congratulations,hope you have a great time in it.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Whatever you get, after reading on here, can be a bit of a gamble!

Sod it!!! Buy what you want and don’t let the niggles take away from the good times I’m sure you will have! It’s a fantastic getaway and a great fun time,, enjoy!! ( from one builder to another, you can sort out most things yourself, hopefully). Have a great time in whatever you buy! Xx

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Whatever you get, after reading on here, can be a bit of a gamble!

Sod it!!! Buy what you want and don’t let the niggles take away from the good times I’m sure you will have! It’s a fantastic getaway and a great fun time,, enjoy!! ( from one builder to another, you can sort out most things yourself, hopefully). Have a great time in whatever you buy! Xx
:thanks3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back