LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Does anyone know the maximum ac current the EB99 draws when on ehu please?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Wish I knew as I've blown two but it was incoming that blew it rather than outgoing. Thingys fitted to prevent this now (hopefully)
images (2).jpg

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
1.7 amps according to the German instruction manual for mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I can see your point but it might be a good idea to get one with a double pole switch to allow for reversed polarity hook-up posts. Assuming you are fitting an RCD device on the incoming mains, would that not suffice?

OP
OP
ludo

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
I can see your point but it might be a good idea to get one with a double pole switch to allow for reversed polarity hook-up posts. Assuming you are fitting an RCD device on the incoming mains, would that not suffice?

I already have an RCD fitted but it isolates more than the ELB99. Furthermore, the consumer unit, housing the RCD, is not easy to get at, i.e under the bed, under a lid in a box etc.

When at home and connected to EHU, the ELB99 is on unless I withdraw the plug feeding it. I only leave the ELB99 connected to the mains for, perhaps, 2/3 days, every month or whenever batteries fall to 12.5v. Using the new switch makes it easy to isolate the ELB cleanly and easily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
When at home and connected to EHU, the ELB99 is on unless I withdraw the plug feeding it. I only leave the ELB99 connected to the mains for, perhaps, 2/3 days, every month or whenever batteries fall to 12.5v. Using the new switch makes it easy to isolate the ELB cleanly and easily.

Hi, I do exactly the same for charging the batteries, but did not think to try a switch to the ELB. (good idea)
I put 2 mains feeds into my Burstner when parked up at home over the winter.
1.) The ECU for charging the batteries when needed. (i just use the main MCB switch)
2.) I run a separate power lead into the motorhome for connection to a 80W tubular greenhouse heater that I leave on 24/7 over the winter. (roof vent always slightly open also .... )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back